Dirty Hands splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I went by Lowes yesterday and saw that they had the Dirty Hands splitter on display. I checked it over and really liked the way it was built. One thing that really made me step back is the location on the engine. The way wood comes off my Huskee that thing is in a very bad location. But with my splitter still working fine I just can't see coming off a $1000 to have the same power machine. Now a 27 or a 34 ton would make me think about it, but a 22 for a 22. I don't think so.

I went by Lowes yesterday and saw that they had the Dirty Hands splitter on display. I checked it over and really liked the way it was built. One thing that really made me step back is the location on the engine. The way wood comes off my Huskee that thing is in a very bad location. But with my splitter still working fine I just can't see coming off a $1000 to have the same power machine. Now a 27 or a 34 ton would make me think about it, but a 22 for a 22. I don't think so.
Also when in the horizontal position there is no room to stand comfortably, it is so compact !

I think there is a discount for vets if you can prove it. Ten percent maybe?

Also when in the horizontal position there is no room to stand comfortably, it is so compact !

I rented an Oregon 28T and found that the wheel interfered in the operator work area. I had to place my right foot on the wheel to work somewhat comfortable. Most of the smaller splitters seem to have this problem. Plus they are lower to the ground. I finally purchased a used Huskee 27T which did not have these problems. Good operator work area and a good work height.

I rented an Oregon 28T and found that the wheel interfered in the operator work area. I had to place my right foot on the wheel to work somewhat comfortable. Most of the smaller splitters seem to have this problem. Plus they are lower to the ground. I finally purchased a used Huskee 27T which did not have these problems. Good operator work area and a good work height.
That's what I noticed it gets in the way of my work area where I stand. Needs more room.

I have the 22 dht with a log table. I ffind the operators area is fine. Now I have only split about 3 truck loads with but I have yet to have a piece fall and hit the motor. I'm sure it will eventually happen but I'm not exactly careful when running it either. I throw as heavy of ppieces as I can up on to and am pretty rough on it. So far so good starts firfirst pull and has split the nastiest crotches I have managed to put in it. Only one elm crotch made it bog to a creep but a quick re position and it powerered through no problem. If i were in the market for a 22t I would buy it again

Back