disabling safety switch on carlton 8018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone disabled the safety feature that prevents cutter wheel side to side and up and down if the machine isn't in low flow, low gear for ground travel? I realize why it's there but I've been doing some small land clearing jobs and would love to run it in high flow/low gear. It's so slow between stumps and a pain to walk to the machine to switch it to hi between each stump. Thanks

Hi Moe,

If you have the Omnex remote control, you should be able to toggle the hi flow from the remote control. If you have the Electronic Solutions remote control, I would contact Janet or Kurt with Electronic Solutions as they might be able to help add a toggle to the remote so you can shift it in to hi flow. You can contact them at 989-386-9801.

I hope this helps.

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters

My machine is a 2005 with the electronics solution wireless. I'll get in touch with them. That would save a lot of time walking to the machine to switch it to hi.

I don't know that it is a safety feature. But more that the pump is a two section pump in low drive one section is for drive and the second section is for functions ( up down swing Ect). In high flow it diverts the flow from the functions to the drive system for more flow and speed.

Scott

Latest posts

Back