Disappointed with my Husky dealer....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AOD want me to check at SSH? I picked up mine w/ heated handles for 300, granted it is the old edition.
Bradley's in Mecosta is really trying to move some saws...hey may work out a pretty decent deal...I picked up a 362XP NOS for 350.

AOD want me to check at SSH? I picked up mine w/ heated handles for 300, granted it is the old edition.
Bradley's in Mecosta is really trying to move some saws...hey may work out a pretty decent deal...I picked up a 362XP NOS for 350.

Man, didn't think of that! I think that place in Mecosta has a good inventory too, should check them out.

You need to go to another dealer. It sounds like your dealer is a "Hobby Dealer". I just returned from a my new Husky dealer and he had a 346XP, 575XP and 372XP on the floor cabled to gather, this is Detroit you know. This dealer is a Kubuta tractor dealer and Husky fills his chain saw department. This guy is in business for the long haul.
ZG

I am a long, long ways from Woodie, deep in the heart of Dutch Stihl country.

I like the 2153 but it will disrupt my pretty orange lineup.

That's cool, but there are other reasons to stay with the Husky as well - like the different handlebar.....:)

Last edited:
Hey Bowtech that is a good price can you see if they have any 346's left. Dont need heated handles though. About how far from Toledo is it?

With the economy the way it is- it seems the dealers are letting their inventories stay low.

I agree with this, and I'm seeing it at the motorcycle shops too. Manufacturers are cutting way back on shipments, and raising the prices.

Hannie...atleast 4 hrs. I'll check out both of my local dealers...the one dealer (where i picked up two 346's for 300 apiece) this was a couple years ago. The other dealer where I got the 362 for 350 has atleast 1 of the Old 346's...this is the one that I think will be more likely to make a deal.
I'd be happy to try some bargaining and probably would go better if I go after 2 saws...so if you and AOD are looking be happy to help.

AOD,

All them Dutchies are getting thier blood up with spring and street polishing around the corner. LOL!!

Down here, Landers in Bangor has a full inventory of XP's, and a couple of 346XP's.
Prices aren't anything to write home about though, and any haggling has to go through the owner.

I dunno if you ya knew or not, but the 2009 prices are starting to show up, and they went up a good margin.
I got my 372XP w/20" bar for 750 out the door after some haggling, and tax on the farm. They had it listed for 799 thanks to the price increases.

If ya want me to bird dog down here, just holler.

Jims outdoor power in Paw Paw has a 575, a 350, and a 455Rancher in stock.
They have gone down the crapper big time.

Shop around..
Even if ya gotta get outta tulip town;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I am a long, long ways from Woodie, deep in the heart of Dutch Stihl country.

I like the 2153 but it will disrupt my pretty orange lineup.

Kinda like saying a Ferrari would disrupt your lineup of Maseratis. Sometimes ya just got to sacrifice your principals... :D

I still gotta talk to the owner at my dealer (CDR Equipment) and see what he can do for me, either a better price or some extras. I bought my 575 from him last year and he gave me a good deal. I'd like to support my local dealer, but not if his prices are too extreme.

I hear what your saying! My local F##K'ing husky dealer who also sells echo now want to talk your ear about how great echo is and how "You" need to buy one over a husky! I dont care about echo or how great it is! I just want info about a husky! Anyways enough with me ranting about local saw dealers! Dont get me started on the dolmar/shiny dealer! Why is it when we CAD junkies go into a saw shop. Most of the time, know more then the nitwit behind a counter? If you want to sell your wares for my hard earned money. You better know your sh!t about your wares! The last three saws Ive bought where from out of state dealers. They knew their products and had a intrest in selling me what I wanted, not what they "thought" I needed! :chainsaw:

heheheheeh

I hear what your saying! My local F##K'ing husky dealer who also sells echo now want to talk your ear about how great echo is and how "You" need to buy one over a husky! I dont care about echo or how great it is! I just want info about a husky! Anyways enough with me ranting about local saw dealers! Dont get me started on the dolmar/shiny dealer! Why is it when we CAD junkies go into a saw shop. Most of the time, know more then the nitwit behind a counter? If you want to sell your wares for my hard earned money. You better know your sh!t about your wares! The last three saws Ive bought where from out of state dealers. They knew their products and had a intrest in selling me what I wanted, not what they "thought" I needed! :chainsaw:

Ever wait for a week for a Choke handle??? How bad is that? I can buy an engine and get it in 2 days, but a choke handle takes a week from my local husky dealer, lmao...

:chainsaw:

....and it makes me sad. Every year I like to tithe to the gods of Mt. Husqvarna, but this dude at my dealer is making it difficult.

Went in to look at some saws and ask about a price on a NE346XP. To my amazement they didn't have squat for XP saws in there, one lone 372 and thats it. The rest of the wall was filled with the new 2xx and 4xx Huskies, probably to compete with Lowes and TSC. I asked him about the 346 and he was like, "the only XP we have is the 372, which is a bit bigger" without even mentioning that there was another XP between the 346 and the 372. Their selection of saws was sucky, and it's more of a mower/tool rental place than a saw shop.

So I get down to business and start talking money. He said the 346 with 16" or 18" bar was about $480 + tax, which I think is a bit steep. I also asked about having the cat muffler replaced with a non cat and he said he had never heard of anything like that and didn't even know what a cat muffler was!

I need to go back there and actually talk to the owner, the guy who sold me my 575 last year and see what kind of deal he wants to work out, if he can't knock more off the price maybe throw in some extras or sell me just the powerhead. It seems frustrating when I know more about a product than the guy thats selling it, esp. at a local servicing dealer. My Stihl dealer actually has his rectum in order, but the 260 Pro is a sluggish pig next to the 346, and would disrupt my pretty orange lineup.

Thats why I think I need to talk to the owner instead of one of his part-time lackeys. He got me a smokin deal on my 575 last year and threw in a ton of extras. He knows his saws and how they work, he just wasn't in this morning. I still think it's odd how few XP Huskys they had, last year this time the place was full of them, a full lineup of XP's.

Thanks guys! Looks like the prices are about the same across the board.

I still gotta talk to the owner at my dealer (CDR Equipment) and see what he can do for me, either a better price or some extras. I bought my 575 from him last year and he gave me a good deal. I'd like to support my local dealer, but not if his prices are too extreme.

Angel,

Price buyer, ain'tcha?

And you're wondering why people buy 290/310/390s in another thread?

Keep castin' 'cause the fish are bitin',

Joat

Latest posts

Back