dissecting an earthquake chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dex, are you going to be using the 45cc "furniture" on that 58?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Still need to pull the tank of the 45 cc Earthquake. Got a little more done today. :)

It will prob be a week or so before I am done. But I will update and review as I go.

DD, thanks for that reminder

I'm always happy to let others learn from my mistakes. :cry:

It's funny - I find myself looking for excuses to run the little 38cc Earthquake. I just like it, maybe more so because it's supposed to be junk but is not.

I like the 38cc Quake and I'll agree that it's enjoyable to run, but the 41cc is even better. That's one of, if not THE most fun saws ever. Fun to mod, fun to cut with -> that's the whole reason I'm here! :chainsaw:

I like the 38cc Quake and I'll agree that it's enjoyable to run, but the 41cc is even better. That's one of, if not THE most fun saws ever. Fun to mod, fun to cut with -> that's the whole reason I'm here! :chainsaw:
Yeah, it's the same saw in slightly larger displacement. I have considered getting one but I'm overrun with 40cc saws! Would be fun to compare to its 40cc strato cousins. My ported 38cc is close, but can't quite keep up.

Yeah, it's the same saw in slightly larger displacement. I have considered getting one but I'm overrun with 40cc saws! Would be fun to compare to its 40cc strato cousins. My ported 38cc is close, but can't quite keep up.

The non-strato won't quite keep up with the strato ... until you port and MM the non-strato. Lose the base gasket and bump the timing up a smidge ->:chainsaw:

The non-strato won't quite keep up with the strato ... until you port and MM the non-strato. Lose the base gasket and bump the timing up a smidge ->:chainsaw:
My 38cc has all of that, plus the porting I showed above. It almost keeps up with a muffler modded GZ4000. Then again, that's pretty impressive!

My 38cc has all of that, plus the porting I showed above. It almost keeps up with a muffler modded GZ4000. Then again, that's pretty impressive!

Ain't it great? Take a $40 saw, get to fine tune your porting, polishing and modifying skills, learn a little in the process and come out with a screaming little saw. A saw which impresses folks when you run it and they say "What IS that saw and where did you get it? It's only 41 cc's?!? Really? Lemme see that."

dd

can't believe 145 pages on a jap saw

From what I read, you started this madness. I have yet to put mine back together but I've wasted $40 on less fun than I had trying to mod the muffler with a stock look, and trying my hand at some minor port work. If mine never runs I'll call it even.

Heck, I find myself watching every one on auction now because my son needs a limb saw and he's NOT getting mine!

Got my 3814 for $42. Haven't seen them finish that low since.

I wish I'd gotten in that early on them. Got my 38 for $42 shipped and a 45 for $56 shipped. They are ending higher now. $30-$35 days are gone I'm afraid. Been watching the more outdoors too. Only ones I see are retail prices.

I have not even seen new ones on the more outdoor site. They at least have a picture of them but there is no option to buy them.

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

that is very possible brad,, the research i did on it today i found that D.R. makes it,, but i think you are right it does look just like a redmax,, either way it is chinese and sears and TSC sold them

can't believe 145 pages on a jap saw

Chinese saw.

Sent from my N9810 using Tapatalk

08f150 is the OP of this thread.. The post above is the 3rd post in the thread.

Latest posts

Back