Do I have a cat muffler on my 357XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 357XP Chainsaw that I know is NON-EPA. But I bought a new muffler for it on EBAY and I want to have that muffler moddded and opened up. The muffler on the saw is part number 503-91-75-03 L and it has a 5H on it also. NOW, the muffler I bought from EBAY has part numer 503-91-75-04 N with a 6G stamped on it.
So, is the new EBAY muffler a cat muffler or not? I plan on sending a muffler in to get modded, and I don't want to send in a cat-muffler.
I'd like to keep my factory muffler just incase I'd ever need to be quiet or whatever.

Anyone have an answer?
Thanks in advance.

Deadman, Pablo26 is absolutely correct, both his saw and yours that you purchased from us did not come with cat's on them. Thanks for you recent order. Sorry for the delay as we sold more than we could get supplied during the Holiday season.

Tony

#5037175 is non cat

I'm 99% sure that the 5039175 series are non cat mufflers. The cat mufflers have very different part # and the word "CAT" stamped on the muffler somewhere near the part number -top front of muffler. Also, looking from the inlet side of the muffler one large hole in baffle on bottom right corner of non cat. The cat muffler has a series of small holes in the baffle.

Making a little stove wood today, for the winter of 2010! This eukalyptus(sp?) is hard stuff, much BTU. Of course saw fired on one pull choke, one pull no choke, cold, and ate this up at 20" full bar cuts. Been real happy with the saw, Tony!

Thanks Pablo26, We enjoy having great customers such as yourself. That's a tough looking piece of wood. Thanks Tony

I have a 357XP Chainsaw that I know is NON-EPA. But I bought a new muffler for it on EBAY and I want to have that muffler moddded and opened up. The muffler on the saw is part number 503-91-75-03 L and it has a 5H on it also. NOW, the muffler I bought from EBAY has part numer 503-91-75-04 N with a 6G stamped on it.
So, is the new EBAY muffler a cat muffler or not? I plan on sending a muffler in to get modded, and I don't want to send in a cat-muffler.
I'd like to keep my factory muffler just incase I'd ever need to be quiet or whatever.

Anyone have an answer?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know why the different part numbers but the 503-91-75-04 N is not shown as a cat muffler (the cat muffler is 537 10 22 01). Are you sure the number on your muffler is what is typed? I show 503-91-76-03
convert

I've got the muffler in my hand right now.....
The numbers are 503 91 75-04 N There is a 6G up above the part number. and it does NOT say CAT anywhere on it!
Also when I look into the back side of it there is definately 1 large hole in the baffle on the lower right corner of it, and NO little holes anywhere in the baffle!!!!

Should be a Non-cat for sure, but now I'm just wondering if its possible that its not the right one for my saw???? I'd hate to send it out to be modded and then find out that it doesn't fit! I bought it from Randy on ebay.

The only numbers that come up are what are shown in the pic. You have a non-cat muffler on your saw. I wonder if the Ebay seller just mistyped the part number....when I do a search on that part number (at a non-sponsor site) I come up with nothing
I'll PM you the site where you can look up parts

after looking closer I see my mufflers part number listed in your pic above. Its definately a non cat.
Thanks for all the info!

The part number for the cat muffler is 537102201. And it says "6K CAT" right on the top of the muffler just above the part number. The same rule applies to the 346/353. Different part number of course, but it also has "CAT" stamped on the top.

Sorry to steal the Thread but what about Jred mufflers? My 2159 had a cat I got a non cat for it that I modded, but the Cat muffler that was on the saw did not say cat on it but just look inside it and it looked way more restrictive and it was heavier than the Non cat one I bought. Hind sight being what it is I should have just modded the cat muffler! None off my mufflers have a part# on them I ordered one from my dealer and I gave him a # I got off this site for the none cat. Plus he thought it was a good Idea to cut down on the heat and would have no problem with warranty work. The Number was correct on the box but nothing was stamped on this muffler, refer es to the non cat one. The factory cat one does not have any numbers on it either. Bottom line my Jred had No Numbers on the muffler just the green gas cap lol
But that is okay as they wont warranty it anymore:chainsaw: Something about porting:monkey:

I have a cat and a non cat muffler right here in front of me cat p/n 537 10 22-02 H non cat p/n 503 91 75-04 N You also can just look inside the muffler, it's not hard to figure out if it is a cat muffler. The cat mufflers have a baffle in the middle of the muffler that has a bunch of small holes in it. The non cat has the baffle in the middle with one larger hole. Sorry I'm no Saw Troll...... lol.... Don't think I could fit that much knowledge into cranial cavity. Hope those part numbers help......

Back