Do I need to file out this cutter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prolly leave the raker file the cutter back to the witness mark and see how it feels.....if its not too catchy in the wood leave it..... props that you actually took a sawzall in against your saw to cut it out, and managed to cut the chain as well and apparantly still be in a chipper mood. lmao what an ordeal you must have got yourself into.

prolly leave the raker file the cutter back to the witness mark and see how it feels.....if its not too catchy in the wood leave it..... props that you actually took a sawzall in against your saw to cut it out, and managed to cut the chain as well and apparantly still be in a chipper mood. lmao what an ordeal you must have got yourself into.
I went ahead and filed them both out the rake was just gone it was gonna kick and I practice bore cuts a lot I already slightly over filed a decent amount of my rakers bc I wanted to what would happen and the answer is you can’t do bore cuts with a chain like that and it doesn’t work very well just gets hung kinda. It was my second chain just wanted to see

Another possible take-away.

If you have a 2nd bar/chain...when you pinch your bar, remove the powerhead and leave the bar in the wood. Use 2nd bar to cut your first bar out.

Sawzall not required.

Roy

Another possible take-away.

If you have a 2nd bar/chain...when you pinch your bar, remove the powerhead and leave the bar in the wood. Use 2nd bar to cut your first bar out.

Sawzall not required.

Roy
This. Main reason I always have at least two saws with me. And some wedges. And if you’re bucking you can use one of those lightweight floor jacks from HF.

Latest posts

Back