Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got this one written on my calendar.

That means we will be there unless something goes off the rails.

If there are any certain saws that someone wants to run I'll haul em down. I don't want to bring 25 saws Like I usually do though.
I'd like to try out the ported 2252. I bet a lot of people would like see how the non xp auto tune saws run ported. I'll bring a stock 2252 to compare.

I've been cutting down trees in my yard to start the log collection process. All small diameter stuff but it'll be good to test <50cc saws on. I hope to borrow my friends grapple to move them to a staging area. I also have some plans to make stands to put them on for cutting. Just need a few storms to come through between now and the end of August to provide some big diameter stuff.

Sweet. What kind of sub 50cc saws are yall bringing? Hopefully someone has a 242xp. I'd also like to try a dolmar 420/421. I've been wanting to try them. Those and Randy's 262xp. Just those three ......and everything else there.

254xp sounds good. I just bought a 261/262xp conversion, so I'll bring it too. I'll be bringing a 2252/262xp/7900(all stock). I would love to try ported versions of those saws to help me decide which one is going home with randy.

I pm'd a mod over there to see what he thought about. He's a member here too. It will stay private unless OP is ok with it.

IMG_8675.JPG I contracted to clear a "view" for a new lake home going in on the adjacent property to the GTG site. So will have some wood. I also borrowed a large grapple this afternoon so I can move some stuff. Don't have anything on hand yet that is large diameter and thought I was going to be doing well with a nice size water oak I felled today. Umm, Nope! Unless someone's looking for some sewer pipe...

Bad luck. I cut one just like it down about a month ago. At first I thought... man this saw rips! Then I realized I could have cut it down with a 12" bar. It was a good 36" where I notched it. Good luck finding some big wood.

Latest posts

Back