Do we need to have a Georgia GTG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$1,000,000

... (Sinister laugh) [emoji38]

I'm definitely interested in seeing some chainsaw milling setups. I'm considering an 084 and a cs mill, but don't know which one to get. It would be great to see some being put to use in person.

Warpig6

if i was going it would be money well spent just to meet the great monkey.:D

Nothing great about me friend.

I'm just an old guy that plays with saws in his backyard.

On attendance fees..........

In the past we've always brought some food or drink, and offered a donation to the host to help cover expenses.

On admission fees, at this time I'm not planning on any. We haven't really incurred any expenses yet. I guess it would depend a bit on what we come up with for food plans. There will be food. Just not sure how that's happening yet. I'm thinking people can bring some stuff that'll travel well like maybe baked beans, chips, soft drinks, potato salad, pickled beets, etc. And we (local people) can supply stuff to grill like hot dogs and have some pulled pork and buns, etc.
The lack of big wood will hopefully be solved prior to Sept but if it's looking grim I'll post a request for someone to bring some if they have it. I have a lead on some but until it is on site...
In case any of you were thinking of flying in, the strip is private (and not ours) and the owner doesn't allow use by people he doesn't know. There are however some close by airstrips such as Griffin and Thomaston and someone could fetch you.

The lack of big wood will hopefully be solved prior to Sept but if it's looking grim I'll post a request for someone to bring some if they have it. I have a lead on some but until it is on site...
In case any of you were thinking of flying in, the strip is private (and not ours) and the owner doesn't allow use by people he doesn't know. There are however some close by airstrips such as Griffin and Thomaston and someone could fetch you.
Showerguy has some big wood under a tarp. Road-trip!

I have an Alaskan mill. Not sure the size, maybe 24"? I use it with a 30" bar. If I have time (not very high chance) I'll try to get some cants milled. Warpig, maybe you need to come do that in your spare time. lol. Best buy that 084.

Yes sir. That spare time is a precious commodity these days! I will do my best to get some cants milled. Both the 084's I was looking at fell through. I'm keeping an eye out for a new candidate though.

Warpig6

Latest posts

Back