Do you fix chainsaws and....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The conversation usually goes something like this: "So I hear you fix chainsaws, can you fix my grass trimmer/lawnmower/leaf blower/pressure washer/beltsander/shop vac/etc. etc." I like to restrict my repair jobs to anything with a 2-stroke engine but I love repairing stuff so if things are quiet in the workshop, I will work on damn near anything. Where do you draw the line?

The conversation usually goes something like this: "So I hear you fix chainsaws, can you fix my grass trimmer/lawnmower/leaf blower/pressure washer/beltsander/shop vac/etc. etc." I like to restrict my repair jobs to anything with a 2-stroke engine but I love repairing stuff so if things are quiet in the workshop, I will work on damn near anything. Where do you draw the line?

$90/hr... wanna pay, then we'll work on it.

I enjoy small engines as well, including trimmers and lawn mowers. I worked on many a mower when I was younger and they are rather simple to diagnose and repair. Most of them are quite bulletproof being 4 strokes. Almost all the ones I had an issue with were fuel delivery related. If I got a mower that was seized I wouldn’t attempt to repair it.

Close friends and family and good neighbors I usually do work for free unless it’s blown up. I don’t get much work at all and I enjoy doing it

More like
"I hear that you fix chainsaws, can you fix mine? I don't want to spend any money though, that is why I came to you!!!"
Used to get the same thing in the gun business.......
“I want a nice Bluing job but I don’t want to spend much”

I rebuilt an engine in a car once for a relative and got three tomatoes. Then I wasn’t invited for Christmas Eve when my family was invited. Nice family. Haven’t been in touch since. Over 30+ years ago. I heard my aunt feels sorry but that doesn’t fix stupid. My brothers went and my family stayed home, you can choose your friends but not your family. I fixed engines in three of there cars. Free labor on my dime running around.

Back