Do you still have the 1st chainsaw that you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I do. I was going through some of the tools that I inherited from my father, and found his old cahinsaw. I haven't yet found the missing parts, might not have all of them, but I know that I have a couple of them.

Nice
188149d1308781743-mini-mac-25-1-jpg

188150d1308781750-mini-mac-25-2-jpg

188151d1308781755-mini-mac-25-3-jpg

188152d1308781760-mini-mac-25-4-jpg

188153d1308781766-mini-mac-25-5-jpg

I was working on a 110 off and on today and got it running and the manual oiler works but after about 1/4 tank it quit on me. Tomorrow is another day.

The 110 is made a lot like your saw.

Chris

If you want to make a project out of that for nostalgia sake, I'll donate whatever I can help with to the cause, including some NOS stuff.

That's a generous offer :msp_thumbup:, thanks, I might take you up on it.

Does the chain cut in reverse?

Yes. That's a very rare Mini Mac 25 that runs in reverse to keep the chips off the saw :msp_ohmy:. They didn't sell very well, which is what makes them very rare :msp_tongue:.

Usually takes about 10 posts until things start getting...:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Anyway...Chris...congrats on finding the old saw you first started cutting with!!!!
I doubt that this happens very often....What a surprise find...for sure!!!!
I know you will get it running again !!!!
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
First saw I ever ran was grandpas stihl 020av top handle. Old logo, no chain break. I was 12. I got it after he passed it is in my shop on my saw rack now and starts first pull every time. I still use it as my backup climbing saw. and to think running a saw at 12, and a top handle to boot. Don't flame grandpa to bad.

Well.....when I was about four, or so.....Dad pulled out this big 'ole two-man thing, with about a 7' bar, an' said: "Son, no cryin' now....a guy starts out big, or he
don't start out at all. Now, see if you can handle this thing yourself. If not, I suppose I can help you out, but only this once....."

Since then, they've just never seemed big enough..... Heck, I've got this Orline Mustang, that I use as a KEYCHAIN fob, for the 090AV keys....

Darn it, Dad....you're gone now, and I'm left just wantin'.....no, needin', MORE. Guess I can only look for another 090, so I can go one-in-each-hand, and see if
THAT might, somehow, work....

Yep, the PM610 'cinder block' 60cc of raw torque (notice I said torque... I've buried this 20" bar in green poplar and it still begged to be leaned on.) Not the fastest cutting, but definitely has a nice exhaust note, and definitely has tons of torque for its size.

Still runs and cuts good.

First saw I ever ran was my dads Stihl 032av, he bought it in Maine in the late 80's and now I have it. Runs like a champ and is in mint condition

The first saw I ever ran was my Uncles 020 AVP. The first saw I ever bought was a 38cc plastic box store Mac Cat. Believe it or not, it had an 18" bar. lol
I used it for years, cut many 30" oak trees with it to heat the house. Yes, it took awhile, but it was all I could afford at the time and I made due. It now wears a 12" bar. In fact I used it today cutting some limbs from storms yesterday. It still runs fantastic. The only thing I ever had to do to it was fix a broke av spring. :msp_thumbup:

nope...eventually the recoil spring broke so the cord stayed out...and after mom saw me swinging it around like a mace it went in the trash

hey look...someone's still got one...cool!

allis-chalmers-toy-chainsaw_230596338260.jpg

:jester:

seriously...dad still cuts firewood with the 011, so...someday

wood013.jpg

my first gas chainsaw is the 032 in front and my second is the Homelite Super EZ Auto. I gave away or sold my first saw which was a electric mcculloch.

Back