Do you still have the 1st chainsaw that you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep!

IMG_3481.jpg

Wendell is that saw original? It looks awesome for it's age. Doesn't look like it's ever been run.

I still got the first saw ive ever used. It was a poulan pro 42cc and its in a milllion pieces now. I was 12 when i first ran that saw and now I own almost all in my sig in just 6 years ive went from a box saw to the top of the pro line and I have devoloped a stronger passion for it every time i grab the saw and go cuttin. probably never be as strong as my passion for Huntin and fishin but DAMN ITS FUN

Yep I have my Pro Mac 10-10 automatic. First saw I've run (actually might be the only saw I've run come to think of it). After about a 15 year sleep, I brought it back to life the other day. It still runs great. All it needed was a new spark plug, new chain and new fuel.

Nope, but my dad still has it!

Seems when your old enough, and live in Maine...you get to start cutting firewood early!

Scott B

Nope. They belonged to the company I worked for.

My first bought was a Poulan S25DA. Unbelievably powerful for such a little machine, but the noise level was about the same as a F-4 being launched. Didn't have ear protectors good enough, so the saw got sold. :msp_ohmy:

Bought an Echo CS-315 in '77; was, and is, orders of magnitude quieter. Still run it hard, all 30 cc of it. Easy to run it all day. :msp_thumbup:

I dont :(. The first saw I ever ran was Dads ole 026. He had it for a long time until he set it down on the track of the excavator in my avatar. I was running the machine and didn't know he set it there. After break was over I ended its life. I moved the trackhoe up and it got caught between the track and the cab....and mashed it to a pancake. I still remember where its buried at though!:laugh::laugh:

Still got it

Still have my mini mac Eager Beaver. Runs like the day I got it in 1981.

How ironic...

Yup, if first ran a saw when I was 8. I just saw (pun intended) this thread for the first time tonight. How ironic that I was running my Dad's McCulloch 250 this afternoon cutting a stump below grade. It's probably the nicest saw in my collection and the best looking too. Dad used it only one or two days a year to cut firewood and being a tradesman kept really care of all his tools. A tradition he passed on to me, the hard way...

You're probably wondering by now why was I using the best and prettiest saw in the stable with an nearly impossible to replace chain size to cut a stump. Well the answer is simple. It's the only saw I've got a rock chain for. You see of the 3 chains I have of the mac there's one that has 4 broken teeth courtesy of some knothead that filled a rot hole in a maple with concrete. The tree grew over it and Dad found the concrete with this chain cutting the trunk into firewood. It's been the stump chain ever since.

Probably should get some pics of the mac on there sometime.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can get a mac duckbill valve for the gas cap on this saw please reply or shoot me a PM. Until then it's no more than 1/2 a tank of gas at a time otherwise it dribbles all over the place as the saw vibrates and this old beast does vibrate quite a bit.

I dont :(. The first saw I ever ran was Dads ole 026. He had it for a long time until he set it down on the track of the excavator in my avatar. I was running the machine and didn't know he set it there. After break was over I ended its life. I moved the trackhoe up and it got caught between the track and the cab....and mashed it to a pancake. I still remember where its buried at though!:laugh::laugh:

i know your pain!! i ran over my dads 026 when i was 16. But a 026 will stand up to the front tire of a 71' chevy blazer (also got from my dad, first thing i ever drove and still own to this day) and same thing with me, he set it there!

First saw I used no
First saw I bought yes
Bought more than one saw yes
Sold a saw no
lost a saw no
Gave a saw away No
Had to make some space for a new saw yes

1st chainsaw that I ran was a Jonsered,don't have it anymore because Jonsereds don't last very long!:msp_biggrin:

Western Auto,

Man those were the days, they had just about everything.

As for the original question, no.

Latest posts

Back