Do you still have the 1st chainsaw that you ran?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st saw I ran was a 181 in about '83. I was surveying a line in the mountains and one of the saw hands cutting the line offered to trade places. He went behind the "gun" (instrument) and I ran his saw. I was just bucking the logs that the faller was dropping. Well, after 2 tanks thru that beast, I'd had enough vibration for one day. I've ran many non-damped saws since. I don't ever want to own one, not even for occasional use. Not for me. Maybe as a mantle-piece.

I still own my first saw, the Jonsered 590 I bought in about '88. It still runs good after many years of occasional use. I'm gonna spend a little time going thru it over the winter or in the spring. It has earned the right to be taken care of properly.

I do. I was going through some of the tools that I inherited from my father, and found his old cahinsaw. I haven't yet found the missing parts, might not have all of them, but I know that I have a couple of them.

I be that saw cuts like a SOB with the chain on backwards!:msp_biggrin:

the first saw i used was dads 041 farmboss,that was 30 yrs ago,he still has it and it still runs great,i use it every now and then to keep the cobwebs blown out of it :msp_smile:

Got my first saw in 1984... 028AV Wood Boss.. Still got it today, just a little more "Internal Fortitude" now...
Here it is running a 28" bar at the last GTG... Stump thought it would be fun to run a 28" bar on an 028... :D

[video=youtube;0TpbpUWTyhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpbpUWTyhw[/video]

Hy dad still has the first one I ran, its the 034AV behind my 441 and his 046.
cellpics026.jpg

yep. bought in about '83. the one on my avatar.only problem i ever had with it, except for not knowing how to sharpen chains, was when i set it down behind my truck in the woods and then proceeded to back over it. that was in '09. just bent the top handle and cracked the clutch cover. bought another top handle and had the cover welded. still running strong today. that was when i found AS. now i have several saws, dam cad. can't even get some on the bench.

Last edited:
no, i sold my fully rebuilt stihl 030av, never really wanted to, but at that time i didn't need a saw, i bumped into the guy i sold it to 18 years later, asked if he would sell it back (yes he still had it!), no, he wanted to keep it, i was bummed, when i got back into saws, i found a like new condition 030av. i now have two that are both in very nice shape and nicely restored 040, i now feel like i have my first saw back

Last edited:
No I do not have the first saw I ever ran my dad does little Stihl 025. Dad liked the saw so much that I gave it to him when I upgraded to an MS 310. I do miss that little 025
might have to check on it here soon to see how it is doing.

No, but my uncle still has it. Mac 15.

It's a wonder I ever picked up another saw.:(

I haven't seen it for years. I should go over and pick it up to see how heavy it really is.

It seemed pretty damn heavy when I was 14 I tell ya.

Latest posts

Back