Does any one pour used motor oil on there stacked firewood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is this place "Gone" that you write of? Is it near "Away"

Matter doesn't go away. Your fire wasn't hot enough to break down all the toxins, likely created some others, and the metals were unchanged. Some went into the air and drifted over your and other's property. Now life processes will concentrate that stuff, and eventually it will enter the food chain. And some will get into the water supply.

We figured this stuff out long ago, but apprently it's still a mystery to some.

So what's your point? Ban all burning? How much exhaust is acceptable, just as much as you produce? There has been jet skis,pontoons, inboards and outboards on the lake nonstop all weekend. My guess is there is a ####load more "toxins" in the water than there was Thursday. I would favor banning tourism, and all joyriding traffic on the water. That ain't gonna happen though...

I wouldn't dump the stuff on perfectly good firewood. :D

When we were kids, used oil was dumped on the ground or down storm drains. Hell, the fed guv'mint sprayed it on dirt roads on military bases to keep the dust down. Nobody gave it much thought at the time.

The old boy next door was what we'd probably call a survivalist today. He used old motor oil mixed with sulphur to cure mange on his hunting dogs. He'd coat the underside of his mower deck with the stuff every fall, too. Kept it from rusting.

He used the back of his property as a dump as well. :D

So what's your point? Ban all burning? How much exhaust is acceptable, just as much as you produce? There has been jet skis,pontoons, inboards and outboards on the lake nonstop all weekend. My guess is there is a ####load more "toxins" in the water than there was Thursday. I would favor banning tourism, and all joyriding traffic on the water. That ain't gonna happen though...
I don't know where you get ban all burning. It's pretty simple really - if it doesn't burn normally in nature try not to burn it. Burning wood releases carbon that was taken out of the environment in the last couple of decades, and has little net effect. Most of it will rot and release that carbon anyway. The compounds it releases have always been in our environment and life evolved with that stuff around. Burning fossil fuels and products derived from fossil fuel releases carbon that has not been in the environment for millions of years, and toxins that do not normally occur and that our bodies cannot deal with.

As for yahoos wasting fuel for fun, that will stop when fuel becomes more expensive than they can afford, which will be sooner than most expect. Both because the fuel is getting more expensive and because there will be no economic recovery at these fuel prices and higher.

WTF?? are you talking about?

In most states , if you have a 13 year old girlfriend and you happen to be over the age of..say..17... You generally spend some time in the state hotel system, whereby the general population doesn't think highly of the " kid touchers" .

Key words : prison, Jerry Sandusky, perv,

HTH.

Let's slow down and read carefully the words in front of us guys:).
Everybody love everybody !!!!!!
It doesn't matter how much anybody defends it everyone knows how bad used engine oil is and the state of California pretty much says everything causes cancer!!!

That's why I'm glad to be livin in good ol Tennessee!!!

Doobie57 I understood just fine the point you were trying to get across even with the pound signs inserted. The guy is a proven jerk who is way out of line. No since trying to match wits with an unarmed man.

Hate to post another comment and bring this to the top again but this thread has gone WAAAYYYY SOUTH!!!!

Might be a good time to just let it die.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back