Does Anyone Take Their Dog in the Bush?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the doggies and their interesting stories.
I think I might be working Jack to hard. He's coming into the bush with me. I ATV in there and he follows. I only tie him to a tree when I fall, otherwise he's right there with me unleashed.
My question is, am I working the wee bastard too hard if I ask him to do at least 8 miles a day. He's a nice smart Jack Russel, Shisu cross, a one year old unfixed male and he's no bigger than a minute.
After about 4 miles today he didn't want to come back into the bush, so I thought he was tired or didn't like the saw, so I put him in the truck while I went back for the 2nd last load.

I hope he takes to the woods and trusts me more.
John

If he is only a year old, he still has some filling out to do, give the little guy another 6 months and he will out do you. I have two little male dogs, Che-wow-wows, they didn't have much real outdoors stuff until we took them to the GTG, they took to it fast, we were able to just let them go on their own. The chainsaw noise didn't bother them, even the hotsaws, they did keep their distance. At home the older dog barks and trys to attack chainsaws, but he has only lifted a leg on Stihls, that's my boy.

I used to take Nell everywhere- she was always happy when out and about.
Al.

P1090129.jpg

My lab Lucy wouldn't have it any other way!

She goes everywhere she is allowed with me, if she has to stay home, she drives the wife nuts! lol.

Latest posts

Back