Does Echo 355t Have a lanyard hook/clip?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtc16

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The echo site says the 271t has a lanyard clip, but the 355t isn't labeled the same way. Just trying to make sure it does before buying

Yes it does. Three separate parts hold it together. Not sure it's all really very strong, but it's there. Many of these lanyard clips for top handle saws are made far too weak today. I recently worked on one and the lanyard clip was not even half the strength of the sawyer's belt clip. It's an MFG weight-saving venture.

Right on, I've seen a picture of it now. I'm gonna go ahead and try it out. I have the 271t and it's been a good saw muffler modded, it has a plastic hole for a clip that carabineer won't for in. I had to put a small oval link on it and hook a biner to that. It's held up so far though, been using the saw for probably 6 months so far

Right on, I've seen a picture of it now. I'm gonna go ahead and try it out. I have the 271t and it's been a good saw muffler modded, it has a plastic hole for a clip that carabineer won't for in. I had to put a small oval link on it and hook a biner to that. It's held up so far though, been using the saw for probably 6 months so far
The clip on the 271t is about the same strength as the 355t. The Stihl's are no better. The clip on the MS200T is also a toy that bends and breaks off. The clips on both my Echo 330T and my vintage 3400 are stronger than all of these.

Should hold up just fine if you don't drop it the whole length of the lanyard too often huh

Back