Does this look warm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice stove Ian. Well, there is an up side to every ice storm - tons of free firewood. I was in Looey-ville after the storm picking up a truck camper. It looked like 50% of the trees had major branches snapped off. I hope you can get some of that before they haul it all off and chip it on Fema's bill.........

RD

Nope, haven't seen any FEMA people around. I did hear today that they declared the place a major disaster area. Looks like the Feds are going to pay for 75% of the cleanup. That's good since the KY gov't is over 400 Million in the hole this year.

Ian

I know Evansville hotels are packed full of tree service trucks. Must be staying up here, and driving down there. On my way back from TN today I came up through Hopkinsville, & Madisonville. Looks like a war zone.. Just about every tree I seen was snapped in 1/2.

Just about everyone up here by Evansville has there power back on now.. Good luck down there..

That's good since the KY gov't is over 400 Million in the hole this year.

Glad to see you have some fiscal responsibility there.

CT has a smaller population. $1.5 Billion in the hole for this year, another $6 Billion for the next two budget years.

That's NOT counting what our financial geniuses did last year -- sold $2 Billion in state bonds last April and invested it in the stock market. So let's see...Teacher's Pension Fund started off $6 Billion in the hole, we took out a loan for $2 Billion to buy securities to put into it, lost half of it in the market...my math says we're now $7 Billion in the hole for the teacher's pensions.

Glad to see you have some fiscal responsibility there.

CT has a smaller population. $1.5 Billion in the hole for this year, another $6 Billion for the next two budget years.

That's NOT counting what our financial geniuses did last year -- sold $2 Billion in state bonds last April and invested it in the stock market. So let's see...Teacher's Pension Fund started off $6 Billion in the hole, we took out a loan for $2 Billion to buy securities to put into it, lost half of it in the market...my math says we're now $7 Billion in the hole for the teacher's pensions.

:confused: How did they think borrowing more money was going to get them out of debt ? All that amounted to was they extended how long it was going to be before they had to do something and actually straighten things out.

I guess 7 Billion is just a number to them and until it is going to come out of their pocket or retirement there really isnt a problem, for them.

The Oslo is a great stove. It serves my family very well. Sense my stove never goes out and if I need to clean the glass, I use a razor blade on a handle (registration scraper). It works very well. Also keep the ash try cleaned out. It will help with glass. Congratulations.

:
I guess 7 Billion is just a number to them and until it is going to come out of their pocket or retirement there really isnt a problem, for them.

Exactly! All local, state and federal governments treat the money they bring in like it is a game of Monopoly. If they don't see their money going in the pot then they don't care how they spend it. There should be a point at which they are held liable and be made to suffer consequences.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back