Does this look warm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking stove Ian.

Don't envy all the ice you have down there . . . and I thought our snow was a PITA.
I hope you can fire that puppy up soon and stay warm.

Al:cheers:

Closer........

attachment.php

Looking warmer.....:clap: :clap: :clap:

Are you really closer?

Closer........

attachment.php
Hey that looks like the position of install I have been sitting with for 1.5 months.
I got the stove but no chimney and no word on when I will get the thing done!
Maybe next winter and I will have to adhere to even more additional regulations.

Big difference though you probably have a date of final install setup already!:clap:
I hate this :censored: fireplace, I should have paid the extra money and gotten a Bis ultima instead of the knockoff Lennox version.

Haywood,

Get the Wife busy tracking down an appropriate steam kettle to go on top of that stove.

She will know which one it is when she finds it.

Looks good so far!!

How long until initial burn?

Stay safe!
(And warm!)
Dingeryote

This is my install so far, the parts on top of the fireplace are not the correct pipes to go through the ceiling. The hearth is nearly ready for the slate to be installed.
attachment.php

See I am in same position you are in only this step occurred in Dec 2008.:jawdrop:

At least you will be warm and cozy even with the lights out in Kentucky when that stove lights up:givebeer:

Closer........

attachment.php

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Looking good! You are going to love having a wood stove. Real heat, anytime.
On this house we switched out the propane stove for wood, the electric range for propane, and electric water heater for propane. I have a 3K generator to run the refrigerators. We live in the mountains, in a forest, so the power goes out a lot. We were down for a week last winter. I have no idea how the previous owners coped with everything being dependent on electricity.

Keep us updated, loving the pictures!
Dok

I thought I should post here due to the fact I'm in year #2 heating my place with my OSLO :biggrinbounce2:

It'll take a 22 inch log, likes good, dry wood and strong draft, and the cast iron, when 500 degrees, will burn the crap outta your arm when loading, haha.

Get a stovetop thermometer, I routinely run mine up to 650 degrees then throttle that bad boy back and let 'er cruise.

Ain't unusual to see 80 degrees on the thermostat across the room!

Keep an eye on your air control lever, mine would get hard to slide back and forth after a bit. I took the doghouse cover off inside the front door and put a bunch of powdered graphite in there to loosen 'er up.

Oh, the front door, yeah, it'll spill ash out big time if you open it after you've burned for a while, I only use the side door on mine.

great stove!

3252108738_9dbe8fbeb2.jpg

mine was out for5 1/2 days came on last night,not so bad though, have a wood stove,big propane burner for heating water,outside makes a good fridge, worst part is the wife don't want to give me a bath no more!! hey where you at in KY?

Last edited:
That suxs

I live in London K.Y. which is S.Eastern and boy did we git lucky! We hadda nice, little pretty icing that lasted about 6 hrs before it was warmed and gone.I hadda guy call me about picking up some wood to take west,and how much was it.I asked him what he was gonna do with it and he said he was there and people were freezins there azzes off and he was just gonna give it away.....well i told him to come on over,and he had a 4 horse covered trailer......so we loaded it up till his truck moaned,{bout 3 cords}...then he goes to pay me and i couldnt take the money.This guy was blown away....felt like the right thing anyway.He sold me the trailer after he got rid of the load,cause i am gettin some big doggies around March and was looking for a horse trailer anyway.GOD works in mysterious ways:bowdown:

i feel your pain... we lost power last tuesday and got it back saturday...

so........cold............................no.......generator........

Looks good Ian! When are you gonna be able to build your first fire? I was just looking at the weather and they are calling for up to 4 inches of snow here tonight, hopefully that doesnt slow em down at getting your juice hooked back up.

First burn... we put a few small splits in and kept it at 200 for about 4 hours to run any moisture out of the metal and firebrick. It's cooking at about 425 now and I'll load it up before bedtime and see how it holds a fire tomorrow morning at 430 when I get up to go to work.

Ian

Firstburn.jpg

First burn... we put a few small splits in and kept it at 200 for about 4 hours to run any moisture out of the metal and firebrick. It's cooking at about 425 now and I'll load it up before bedtime and see how it holds a fire tomorrow morning at 430 when I get up to go to work.

Ian

Firstburn.jpg

Sweet!!!

AND WE GOT POWER BACK! :clap: :clap:

Showers and the washing of clothes shall commence forthwith !

I turned on the ceiling fan to move some of that warmth around.

Do you guys close the air off all the way when you go to bed or leave it open a bit?

Ian

I would not close it all the way off./. Fire might go out.. Or worse yet. Creosote might ooze out.. and run out onto the floor..

Excellent

Do you guys close the air off all the way when you go to bed or leave it open a bit?
Depends. If theirs unburnt wood then closing the damper will blacken the interior and glass. If you have only hot coals then you can get away with closing the damper. I have a different stove so I'm sure they all act differently.

Enjoy. :cheers:

Showers and the washing of clothes shall commence forthwith !

I turned on the ceiling fan to move some of that warmth around.

Ian

Hey Ian, we just got our power back on a little while ago! It had been out since last Tuesday before 9:00 pm. One of the neighbors called the electric company yesterday and they said that we wouldn't get it until maybe this Sunday.

I left the house about 4:00 pm to go check on my mom and to buy a generator. I went to a few stores and picked out a Storm Trooper 5,500 watt with an 8,250 watt surge. I'll probably keep it because you never know when it will be needed.

I sure was surprised when I started back my road and saw lights on a neighbors house. I didn't know if they got a generator or what. It was a pleasant surprise when I could see my house and there was light coming from the inside.

I've heard that there are some homes east of me that will be without electricity for three months. I really feel for them.

You'll love that wood heat with or without electricity. Lookin' Good.

Latest posts

Back