Doing the right thing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herd8497

Cupcake stand Cookies
Reaction score
Just posted in another thread that my wife is busting my nads about having too much wood at home, so I for to thinking about how I can stay busy with the wood.

I am a teacher and for the last nine summers, holidays, and breaks I have worked construction. For 3 years I have worked with a guy, Brad, who never seems to be able to get ahead. Most of the time it seems because of his own doing, but nonetheless he is a good guy. He and another summer coworker helped me roof my house after working full days this summer. We did it (33 sq.) in short time. I paid him well, as the summer boss pays him like sh*t. I would trust Brad with my kids, I think he is a guy who views friendship as the most important thing in life.

I am texting the summer boss last night about firewood, and he mentions Brad is staying in an uninsulated garage with a small stove for heat. The boss works with him everyday, but would rather make light of Brad's situation rather than help him in anyway. I am all for learning lessons, but with double digit below zero temps overnight for a few nights this week, but this is humanity, decency, and helping someone who would help me.

Talked to Brad tonight and he was more than happy. He was appreciative and strung together some quality cussword strings to indicate his joy. I am gonna pile up the truck and take him a load of hickory, oak, and ash (already split) tomorrow after school.

My only regret is that I did not find out more about how he was doing sooner. I feel like an @$$ for that part.

What goes around, comes around. Way to go.
Rep sent

Don't let your buddy freeze out there. Don't know how religious you are, but you'll get your reward one day for this.

I will see his smile and hear, "thanks Jay Bird" and that is more than enough. I will probably have to force down a Budweiser with him too:blob2:

So true, but using your god given common sense and a little logic..........makes you weird anymore.

H*ll a minority really

Yer a good man, Jay Bird. Doing the right thing is it's own reward, even if no one else knows. :msp_thumbsup:

You are a good man sir and a even better friend. I am sure he will be thanking you long after you are gone.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I joined this site because I was a budding firewood addict, but after spending a lot of time reading on AS I realize that this place is chocked full of highly skilled, infinitely knowledgeable, great people.......whether you are addicts or not!

You guys all have yer heads screwed on straight. I repped all of ya that I could. :msp_thumbup:

Right thing

You are doing a good thing. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Well done.

Latest posts

Back