Dolmar 5100-S Mod question!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Gonna get a dolmar 5100 s for my new saw here soon. The guy Im probably gonna buy it from offered a "woods port" for a fair price. Does this saw take well to the "woods port" or is it bad azz enough! I guess my real question is should i just get the saw or should I have him mod it too?? I've done my home work and this guy seems to be hailed as damn good here on A-site! This will be my first super saw and i just can't make a decision. I would like some opinions.:cheers:

Last edited:
It all depends on who is doing the work. I haven't ran too many modded 5100's, but they run or fall on their face. Just make sure you and the builder are clear on what you want. You do know want a race saw for the woods.

-Steve

BTW, if you get bored and want to head up to wayne county, I'll let you run my muffler modded stock 5100 so you can get a feel of it.

Last edited:
:popcorn:

Hack - two week owner of a 5100S he hasn't even pulled over yet who is watching this thread intently with the possibility of sending it out to get woods ported too based on other folks experiences...

Hack said:
:popcorn:

Hack - two week owner of a 5100S he hasn't even pulled over yet who is watching this thread intently with the possibility of sending it out to get woods ported too based on other folks experiences...

Gotta break it in first!

If you don't get it modded, you'll always wonder if you should have, so go for it.

Four Paws said:
Gotta break it in first!
Working on that. Need to get out to my other property though which is over 30 miles away. But, yeah, I hear ya'. Seriously though, in the end I'll probably just keep it stock. It's already hotter than other saws in its class, so it's kinda hot rodded even in its stock form, which is why I selected this saw over the options. But I just can't seem to get enough of a good thing. LOL!

Mod a 5100S? why?
My 5100S 18" 3/8 1/2 skip 7 pin rim will cut slightly faster than my also new husky 372 20" 3/8 full comp 8 pin rim side by side in the same log and gives up what? 20+cc's. both are plain stock btw, fuel from the same can. we're talking 18" dia oak.
I can't figure out if I'm impressed with the 5100S, or disgusted by the 372xp, and thats not getting into how crappy the 372's anti-vibe is. my hands are numb for hours after using it.
-Ralph

Latest posts

Back