Dolmar 5100s no spark

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Saw ran fine yesterday. Would not start today. Put in a new plug and got no spark on the plug ?

Is an ignition module hard to replace and where could i order one ?

Simple to replace use business card to set gap. Try Feebay, place add in wanted, Google "dolmar + PN.
Shep

remove starter and check for damp sawdust around coil, may be shorting out. blow out and ground plug to check spark. spin the flywheel with drill. pull off on/off switch wire to make sure that isn't shorting.

Neighbor had the coil go on his three times. All under warranty so far. Apparently Dolmar had a little issue with them. It is important to use the right spark plug. I don't remember which one, but it has to be either resistor or non-resistor. One of the two will ruin the module. I think their warranty period is pretty good, so you might check with your dealer to see if it's covered. As many issues as they've had, they might have extended it.

Other than the coil, it's a great saw.

remove starter and check for damp sawdust around coil, may be shorting out. blow out and ground plug to check spark. spin the flywheel with drill.

I didn't think the damp sawdust would cause a problem on the newer ones with the sealed coil. Have you seen that cause issues in a newer saw?

maybe this

Attachments

• 2008-10D Ignition coil PS-5000_GB.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Back