Dolmar 5100s refused warranty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was new saw shopping I went to R D Faulkner in Brewer Maine. Great place, they actually are distributors for many brands in new england and atlantic canada including sachs dolmar I believe. I went there wanting a 5105.
The salesman walked me right over to a wall of efcos. They have them all and they look solid.
I said I wanted a dolmar and they said the new ones were stuffed up and they didn't recommend them.
As I was leaving I noticed the sachs dolmar saws on display were literally covered in dust. Next time I went in they went on to explain the company made it hard to get parts and they did not support there dealers. I went home and did some reading and found this site and I will never be the same,
Just thought I would share this not so brief story. Russ

They are a distributor & dealer for Efco and only a dealer for Dolmar. They will push the Efco because they get to use they're distributor stock and get distributor and dealer margins on the saw sale. I don't get what they say about product support because we get much much much more support from current distribution than we got when RD F when they were the distributor for Dolmar. Sounds like they are still mad about loosing the distribution in 2005.

Latest posts

Back