Dolmar 5100s warranty refused.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElgBurner

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello

I've got a Dolmar 5100s with the scored piston problem.

I followed all manual specs (jaso FD oil and 89 above oct) 50:1

I bought the saw (new) in 2011 from a dealer, they sold me a 2008 saw and i didn't realize it at the time.

It was only used 4 times within 7 months and only by myself with a fresh mix.

API (distributor) is refusing warranty for "insufficient lubrication"

I think there is a larger problem with the 2008 saws see links

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/89304.htm

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/203098.htm

In classic corporate fashion, I am getting the run-around from Dolmar and API.

Thanks for letting me vent, your input is appreciated.

Elg

I'm with Gregg, its a little suspicious that they say API is denying warranty, unless the dealer had a tech rep from API in their store when your saw was being torn down. Look at the piston and cylinder yourself, if the scoring is strictly on the exhaust side its more than likely a lean siezure. If there is scoring all around, or at least on the intake side then its probably lubrication issues, and that can usually be confirmed by examining the bottom end. If there is oil (puddled) in the crankcase then your oil was probably fine. The more important question here is "Why isn't your dealer fighting for you?".

Didn't you like the answers given the first time you posted this? 12 hours ago... Russ:msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy:

:popcorn::popcorn: Did anyone look properly into the issue - it is hard to judge without knowing a lot more.....:dunno:

I worked at a Dolmar/Husqvarna dealership for a while and Dolmar seemed very good about standing behind their warranty claims. They stood behind several seized 5100's and 7900's... maybe you should try another dealer

Didn't you like the answers given the first time you posted this? 12 hours ago... Russ:msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy::msp_ohmy:

I find it more suspicious he has multiple threads on the same topic. :msp_mad:

Multiple threads from newbies isn't unusual. For some reason that I've never understood, there's a delay in threads started by newbies showing up on AS. Some newbies start a thread, click to submit, then don't see their thread. They think something went wrong, and sumbit another thread.

I would not take no for an answer. At least till I had spoken to a few different people about it. Id go to a different dealer and maybe get on the phone with someone of higher authority.

Hi folks

Sorry for double posting. Being new to the forum I should have given the Moderators more time.

Here's the link from the other thread. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/203420.htm and my reply.

I appreciate your responses. I did notice a lot of 5100s "burning up" on the threads. I wish I had read that BEFORE buying the saw. I am gathering this could have been avoided with a proper setup?

BTW, I am coming from the 031AV W/20" bar camp.

Thank you

Elg

Latest posts

Back