Dolmar 6100 vs ms362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max torque numbers at low rpm (several K below max power rpm) are totally irrelevant to practical cutting, unless you use a saw that is way too small for the task at hand.

Anyway, the main difference between those saws is the weight and the handling qualities/nimbleness.
That is always a very objective way to analyze a product to exclude certain properties and only include other properties....

;)

P6181032a.jpg

Max torque numbers at low rpm (several K below max power rpm) are totally irrelevant to practical cutting, unless you use a saw that is way too small for the task at hand.

Anyway, the main difference between those saws is the weight and the handling qualities/nimbleness.
After being fueled the dolmar would be heavier but run alot longer with 5oz extra on each tank. I have have the stamina to run a 90cc saw all morning so longer run time between fueling is better for me. As for nimbleness... I've heard the 6100 is pretty decent. I'll let you know once I own one!

PS: anyone outside the US want t buy and ship me a makita 6100???

362 cm weighs 13.7 lbs according to stighls website rated at 4.6 HP. 562 weighs 12.57 lbs and 4.7 HP. I think the vast majority of posts on this site indicate the nimbleness of the 562 vs the 362. Mustang mike when you where in the search of some new saws I remember a lot of folks telling you about the merits of husky saws, but you were wearing creamsickle glasses.

First, you got your #s wrong (362 is 13.0 lbs), second I hefted both saws side by side and could not tell the difference in weight (so who knows if the factory stated #s are correct), third you are ignoring the member who owns one of each and likes the 362 better. I'm not knocking the 562, I'm sure it is a great saw, but so is the 362. After running 6 tanks of fuel through the 362 I am very satisfied with my decision and that is all that matters. My decision was not bias. The M-Tronic is more sophisticated than Auto Tune. You just push the control lever down and pull the start cord, period! No purge bubble, half choke, full choke, etc. And if I carry one back up bar it will fit either the 044 or the 362.

There were sound reasons for my decision, and if you disagree with them you can buy what you like, but don't infer my decision was bias.

362 cm weighs 13.7 lbs according to stighls website rated at 4.6 HP. 562 weighs 12.57 lbs and 4.7 HP. I think the vast majority of posts on this site indicate the nimbleness of the 562 vs the 362. Mustang mike when you where in the search of some new saws I remember a lot of folks telling you about the merits of husky saws, but you were wearing creamsickle glasses.

You also neglected to mention the reviews posted by consumers (many of them professionals) on the Husky website. Go look at their concerns and then tell me I made the wrong decision. There is a difference between bias and having your "eyes wide closed".

I like the looks of the new Air filter on the M-tune Stihl.

The Dolmar may be a Simpler overall design.

If you are shopping for Husqvarna now, you should also consider the 555. Priced lower, It is slightly less powerful than the 562xP, but also a smidge lighter due to a small bar mount and low top air filter. It's magnesium-cased construction is pro all the way.

If you have dealer support or were willing to shop online, the quality of the Jonsered 2258/ 2260 is comparable to the other saws in this conversation.

If I were shopping for a new 60cc saw, I'd dig up a NOS Jonsered 2159.

I'm not a huge fan of the 60cc class, in theory, but I'm always on the lookout for another Husqvarna 261/ 262xp! Or a good, cheap used ms361.

Last edited:
my mistake on the weight of the 362 cm. I could have swore the Stihl website had it at 13.7 when I made that post. Mustang I don't dislike Stihl products I've owned 5 different stihls over the years including the 362 twice removed predecessor the 036 pro and it was a heck of a runner. I just like the nimbleness, av, air filtration and weight of the husky saws I run now. I still have a Stihl backpack blower and pro weed eater I wouldn't trade for the world. Have you ever owned a husky saw????o_O

my mistake on the weight of the 362 cm. I could have swore the Stihl website had it at 13.7 when I made that post. Mustang I don't dislike Stihl products I've owned 5 different stihls over the years including the 362 twice removed predecessor the 036 pro and it was a heck of a runner. I just like the nimbleness, av, air filtration and weight of the husky saws I run now. I still have a Stihl backpack blower and pro weed eater I wouldn't trade for the world. Have you ever owned a husky saw????o_O

Honestly if the weight difference is within 1/2# who cares? I mean honestly I have lightened up a saw 8-10 oz just by cleaning all the oil soaked wood dust out of it... just sayin...

but go ahead and continue.... where were we???

Ford vs Chevy or Chevy vs Dodge?

:sucks: :p :p :p

I'm really on the fence and weighing what to do . Stihl has such great dealer networks and the 362 seems like it's a good setup especially after it's broke in and muffler mod I can get one with 20" bar for 699 $but the dolmar. 6100 Is at 574 $it seems to it's equal but there's only two dealers around kind of far and both shops are not really professional business setup s'more like a lawn mower guy in a lean too off a garage kinda thing . The dolmar is said to have great power has 2 yr warranty but it's kinda ugly and just has a cheap looking feel and fit to it ( very poulon -esq ) the Stihl has great features and like all stihl pro saws it's gorgeous it's well designed and of excellent quality however the warranty is only 90 days. ! Id like to get the dolmar but no one seems to have a 6100 and reviews are scarce and I don't want to drop. 6 bills and have a unreliable terd with poor service . Whst should I do who has run both . They are very similar saws in weight power and price .. is the stihl worth the extra 130$ Is the dolmar a well guarded secret in the saw world that I'm not realizing .

362 feels like a fat box my 038 won't fit in

No I haven't, wish money were no object and I could get one of each. My nephew (MechanicMatt) tested a 562 and was in love with it, I am not knocking Husky saws. My point was only that there were valid factors that led me to purchasing the Shihl (not bias) and the difference between the 562 and 362 ... well you may as well flip a coin, they are both excellent saws. The weight difference between the brands is significant in the 50 cc class, minimal in the 60 cc class, and disappears in the 70 cc class. That said some 261 owners report more low end torque than similar size Huskys, I don't know, I have never run them.

Bottom line is that both Husky and Stihl have used technology to make their pro saws cut like the older ones in the next size up, and that is a good thing for us. Also note that the 261 & 362 M-Tronic have better air filtration systems than previous generation saws of this size. With Stihl expanding the M-Tonic system to more saws buyers have more than one great saw in each size to choose from and that is a good thing. Enjoy your saws.

362 feels like a fat box my 038 won't fit in

That may be true but it will out run it by a good margin (if both saws are stock) and the 261 C-M will likely run right with it. They will also be a little smoother with the new AV system. After using 70 cc saws for 20 years, the 362 feels like a light weight to me. I'm very pleased with this saw.

Hey, I have loved my 10 mm 044 for 20 years, but this saw is lighter and will cut right with it. I'm happy!

Anyone know of a comparison video of the 362 vs 562 ? Simillar to the one of the 6100 vs 562 posted earlier.

That is a generel problem I believe. There simply exist no comparison videos of the 60cc class. Further it is always unknown how far the presented saws have been modified or not. So as long as no video material from a good source is presented I am highly skeptical of all this theoretical bias.

You also neglected to mention the reviews posted by consumers (many of them professionals) on the Husky website. Go look at their concerns and then tell me I made the wrong decision. There is a difference between bias and having your "eyes wide closed".
I really don't like going to any manufacturer's or seller's website for reviews. Hell, I can build a website with good reviews already on it. Half the people usually sound like they are kissing the web owner's behind side. Nope, I'd rather glean info from somewhere like this where its an all out brawl. At least along with some jaded views there are many honest views, good or bad. You read enough on here you can see who has blinders on. If I bought something that was good I'd say so, and if I got a POS you can rest assured you'll here that, too. I sure ain't going to talk someone into making the same mistake, and I bet there are others in the world that are the same way.

Back