Dolmar 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Asked the rep for a date last week, says dunno. Likely hood is fall. Also, I am VERY interested to see the 360 degree 4 cycle combi system land- 4 cycle pole saw!!!

Asked the rep for a date last week, says dunno. Likely hood is fall. Also, I am VERY interested to see the 360 degree 4 cycle combi system land- 4 cycle pole saw!!!

Dolmar is coming out with a four stroke polesaw?

I was really going to look hard into getting this saw when it came out but not surre now. I have a 6400 and a 510 so no real need for another 60cc saw? Although i should be lighter than my 6400 i don't think it will cut with it?? Time will tell. I'm still depressed because afteri have had my 510 for 2 years I looked yesterday and it was made or assembled in CHINA!!! Oh well i'm going to run it until it wont run anymore!!!

I was really going to look hard into getting this saw when it came out but not surre now. I have a 6400 and a 510 so no real need for another 60cc saw? Although i should be lighter than my 6400 i don't think it will cut with it?? Time will tell. I'm still depressed because afteri have had my 510 for 2 years I looked yesterday and it was made or assembled in CHINA!!! Oh well i'm going to run it until it wont run anymore!!!

Yes, for a time 510s were made in China, now they are made back in Germany. I've never seen a quality issue at all with the China made ones though. The 6100 is reported at 4.6hp- just shy of the 6400 but a lot lighter. It will be more of an all around saw instead of the burlier, hardwood blocking saw the 6400 is. More like the Stihl 362. It's a gap Dolmar have needed to fill for a long time, IMO. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them...

Yes, exSW- 4 stroke pole saw. Look at the German site!

Same here,I need a new bigger saw and the dealer will set me right up with a 6400.Awful lot of proven 60cc saws out there to spend $'s to be the test monkey.I imagine the number of guys doing the BB conversion on 6400's will have it down to a plug n play deal before long(if not already).I'm 50 so this will probably be the last set of new saws for me and I'd like to get it right.

Yes, for a time 510s were made in China, now they are made back in Germany. I've never seen a quality issue at all with the China made ones though. The 6100 is reported at 4.6hp- just shy of the 6400 but a lot lighter. It will be more of an all around saw instead of the burlier, hardwood blocking saw the 6400 is. More like the Stihl 362. It's a gap Dolmar have needed to fill for a long time, IMO. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on them...

The 6100 is as close to a twin of the MS362 as it gets, according to specs and test result from KWF. Both are heavier and weaker than the 562xp, and no autotune or revboost.

As far as comments on german threads from users go they are supposed to be equivalent powerwise to the 6400 with much less weight. One of the users mentioned that the 7900's stay as reserve in the truck and his troop grabs the 6100 for a felling saw.
What I also find impressive is the 4 stroke cut off saw (ccm75,6; 4,6 hp/PS / 3 kW). Seems to be a left over from the 4 stroke chainsaw development. Maybe we will see a 4 stroke chainsaw.... :D

The 6100 is as close to a twin of the MS362 as it gets, according to specs and test result from KWF. Both are heavier and weaker than the 562xp, and no autotune or revboost.

On weight.If a couple of ounces add up to better A/V,balance and durability(like on a 420) I don't think that's a problem.On power.What the specs say a saw should do and what it does in the real world are often widely divergent.Wood type,Fuel,altitude,humidity,break in,bar and chain condition all contribute.I've had and ran all kinds of light weight screamer equipment they all eventually shredded themselves.

I also have no issues withe the 510 so far. It gets as much use if not more than my 6400! I was just wondering if the 6100 will have the torque of the 6400 since it has a shorter stroke?? I do agree the 6400 is heavy but it also don't cut like a 60cc saw either. And I agree that they needed a new 60cc saw design but I feel they are still playing catch up with this design. But if i decide to trade or sell the 6400 I think it will be for a 7910 or another 70cc saw? After having these two saws and don't get me wrong they do everything i need, but i think with a good 50cc saw and a 70cc saw theres little need for a 60cc saw for me that is! But for a one saw owner i think this might be a good choice? But i find it harder and harder to stay away from those autotune Husky's! If they happen to come out with a new 70cc auto tune my next two saws may very well be the 550XP and it??:msp_sneaky:

On weight.If a couple of ounces add up to better A/V,balance and durability(like on a 420) I don't think that's a problem.On power.What the specs say a saw should do and what it does in the real world are often widely divergent.Wood type,Fuel,altitude,humidity,break in,bar and chain condition all contribute.I've had and ran all kinds of light weight screamer equipment they all eventually shredded themselves.

Dolmar 6100 vs. Husky 562xp (not to speak of the lighter 560xp) isn't a matter of a just couple of (or a few) ounces, and the other differences you listed either doesn't apply, or go the other way.

The 6100 just doesn't look very interesting, unless you are a rather desperate Dolmar fan - but I am sure it is a decent saw! ;)

The 6100 just doesn't look very interesting, unless you are a rather desperate Dolmar fan - but I am sure it is a decent saw! ;)[/QUOTE]

If ain't a Husky it's not interesting.I'm not a desperate Dolmar fan,I've just found that the nay sayers have been WRONG on some non Stihl/Husky products.I believe a broad manufacturer/brand base should be supported for the strength of all.Having two or three dominate brands to the exclusion of others is bad for the customer.I'm not drinkin' anybodies Kool-aid

If ain't a Husky it's not interesting.I'm not a desperate Dolmar fan,I've just found that the nay sayers have been WRONG on some non Stihl/Husky products.I believe a broad manufacturer/brand base should be supported for the strength of all.Having two or three dominate brands to the exclusion of others is bad for the customer.I'm not drinkin' anybodies Kool-aid

If you feel that way, it is your problem (if it is a problem)!

This site wouldn't be much fun if everyone agreed on everything! :D

I also have no issues withe the 510 so far. It gets as much use if not more than my 6400! I was just wondering if the 6100 will have the torque of the 6400 since it has a shorter stroke?? I do agree the 6400 is heavy but it also don't cut like a 60cc saw either. And I agree that they needed a new 60cc saw design but I feel they are still playing catch up with this design. But if i decide to trade or sell the 6400 I think it will be for a 7910 or another 70cc saw? After having these two saws and don't get me wrong they do everything i need, but i think with a good 50cc saw and a 70cc saw theres little need for a 60cc saw for me that is! But for a one saw owner i think this might be a good choice? But i find it harder and harder to stay away from those autotune Husky's! If they happen to come out with a new 70cc auto tune my next two saws may very well be the 550XP and it??:msp_sneaky:

If your 6400 is the one in your avatar, then it's tidy. Don't sell it, put a bigger top end on!...if you are comfortable doing it or can get it done reasonably! I would say the 6400 should still be a step more torque-y, due to the stroke, it's widely known that it does perform above what its specs suggest. I agree the 6100 isn't the most pretty design- but I wouldn't say it's playing catch up. It's power to weight (let's be realistic- 2 or 3 oz doesn't hardly matter unless you are a been counter) is with other saws, and Dolmars are always very sturdy in construction. I'd class it as a good one saw owner's machine as you could have a screaming 18" and strong 24" in one. Depends on the owner. If you cut good amounts of mixed wood types and sizes, it will be great. If you cut thicker hardwood more consistently, the higher torque and headroom on the 6400 (especially if you up the cyl.) is more desirable.

Back