dolmar 7900 owners......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called Bill Fox today and all I can say is game over. All he would tell me is there was a price increase. Yeh! like 200.00 price increase! I don't know if that was across the board from Dolmar or if they got there hands slapped for under selling the market. But last month they were indeed 545.00. Wish I had bought up a bunch to sell myself. I did buy 2 5100's for 350.00. I had been giving out the # for some time so I don't know if anyone got in under the wire or not. I had thought about buying some to resale but since I would have had to sell them as used even though they were in unopened boxes I wouldn't have been able to warranty them and that is partly what you are paying for. I think now a certain number of people would have bought anyway at that price. Glad I got my 5100's when I did!

Makita 6401

Buy a Makita 6401 from ebay aprox 360.00 plus 25.00 shipping then buy the 7900 pc kit you would have aprox 585.00 no tax and an extra 6400 pc that you could keep or sell off If you sold the 6400 piston and cylinder for 85.00 you would only have 500.00 invested. The Makita 6401 comes with a 20 inch bar laminated (ok for a while and lighter) safety chain (ok for stumps and getting in the dirt) a 6 pack of oil and a quart of bar oil. I think they are great deals I have purchased three of them. And I have purchased three of the piston and cylinder kits one from each of our sponsors cuttingscott,amicks,and baileys.

Buy a Makita 6401 from ebay aprox 360.00 plus 25.00 shipping then buy the 7900 pc kit you would have aprox 585.00 no tax and an extra 6400 pc that you could keep or sell off If you sold the 6400 piston and cylinder for 85.00 you would only have 500.00 invested. The Makita 6401 comes with a 20 inch bar laminated (ok for a while and lighter) safety chain (ok for stumps and getting in the dirt) a 6 pack of oil and a quart of bar oil. I think they are great deals I have purchased three of them. And I have purchased three of the piston and cylinder kits one from each of our sponsors cuttingscott,amicks,and baileys.

Not everyone wants to buy a new saw, tear it apart, and rebuild it again just so they can have a new saw again. Some people just want to buy a saw and cut wood, period.

Not everyone wants to buy a new saw, tear it apart, and rebuild it again just so they can have a new saw again. Some people just want to buy a saw and cut wood, period.

He has a good point. Those of us that enjoy that are in the minority. But if a person is willing, its easy and a good learning experience. But if you arent mechanically inclined, and/or worrying about warranty issues, stick with the 6400 or buy a 7900 built in the factory. Huskyman has brought the flip side to that coin! :clap:

I am not experienced with building saws. I bought one Makita 6401 for about $420. delivered I liked it so much I bought another Makita 6401 for the same price delivered to my home. I also bought a cylinder and piston kit for a ps 7900 from a member on this site Edge Engine for 184.95 delivered no tax no shipping charges. I called around for dolmar dealers and the 7900 seemed to run about $800. dollars So I ordered the Makita 6400 and cylinder kit for a total of $604.95.For the price of $604.95 i have a new 7900, and an extra cylinder for the other 6401.I feel this is a good deal. David:)

Latest posts

Back