Dolmar 7900?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzly

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a good local Dolmar dealer and have been looking at a 7900.

I'm just a little worried. I haven't been active on here for a year or two. When I left, the 7900 and 5100 were really popular on the board, now, not so much.

I'm wondering if people have been having some issues?

I'm just a little worried. I haven't been active on here for a year or two. When I left, the 7900 and 5100 were really popular on the board, now, not so much.

The only issue is holding on while it's flying thru the wood! :laugh:

As far i as i know they are very well respected.Lack of dealers in my area is a concern,but if you have a good one i dont see a problem.;)

My boss sold all of his..he had 4 of them bought them all brand new...had problems with all of them 2 blew up and 2 just wouldnt run right..and i also got rid of the one i had..im sticking with husky and stihl...i had isses with mine too..i cant have a saw that cant run a week without breaking. And we are easy on the saws..sharp chains, stihl high performance mix oil on high octane gas..proper chain adjustment, clean the airfilters everyday and they where running 13,200rpm. Just cutting mixed hardwood timber everyday...the stihls and huskys he got hold up and so do mine...the dolmars didnt seem to like it though...just my expirence with them.

I have one and I only have one complaint, I get done cutting wood so quickly I don't get to spend as much time running saws.

I have never seen a chain saw that "blew up", but I have seen a few that failed due to running too lean, no oil in the mix, or just plain overheated from poor air circulation.

attachment.php

Mark

I have a couple of them. Never any trouble but I'm a casual firewood cutter and do not use the Dolmars all the time and I also have Stihls and Husqvarnas.

Here is a picture of the newer one before I used it much

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If I was going to buy a new, big saw, that would be it.

You don't have to worry about a 7900, they will out cut any saw the same size and weigh less,cost less and will last as good as any.

Im not a big Dolmar guy, and definitely like my Huskys and Stihls... but your 7900 definitely got my attention! One heck of a good saw. We need to do some cutting sometime soon. Been almost two years since the GTG.

Any time you want to cut give me a call. I cut almost every day.

Sounds good buddy. I dont feel like I cut much at all any more, but I cut more and more each year. Im either enjoying myself too much, or getting too efficient. I will give you a holler before long. I have the week of the 18th off in March this year, if nothing else I will be able to make it down then.

Got mine with a burned down piston from a cracked impulse line, cleaned up the cylinder, dropped a new piston in it and ripped it. Still going strong after 5 years of tornado and hurricane and blizzard cleanup. For the weight you cant beat it. I used to joke that they made them all curvy and aerodynamic so you you could throw them farther when they wouldn't run, I've been dining on my words for a few years now, not yummy.

People were having some problems with the 5100s, they had to be set up properly by the dealer. Doesn't say much about many of the dealers out there I guess...

As for the 7900 they are still considered to one of the best power-to-weight saws out there as well as really good values.

A well maintained Dolmar IMHO, is just as good if not better than just about anything else available today and last just as well too. :rock:

Latest posts

Back