Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just received a new Dolmar 7900 that I got shipped in to me. There is no dealer near where I live.
The instruction manual says nothing about a break in period and that does not sound right to me. I would appreciate some advice on breaking in this saw. The oil mix ratio and carb adjustments to make. Thank you

I don't know a proper break in for Dolmar but there is a Dolmar dealer in westend of Birmingham. It's arose the street from legion field. Last time I was there it was closed so you might want to give the shop a call.

50:1 ratio of good quality mix, (not the walmart crap) I prefer stihl ultra, or Huskyxp mix. Just cut wood with it, no special break in required, except I wouldnt make long, labored cuts for maybe 10 tanks. Also, dont wrap the saw up under no load especially while breaking in.

Hang on tight, those 7900's are runnin SOB's!

Run it

I just put good 93 octane gas with Husky XP mix in, and ran it just like all my saws. Nothing special. No problems to date.

By the way welcome to the site and congratulations on the saw.

Take Care

Last edited:
I appreciate the fast response to my question about the break in. As for porting the saw, I will have to admit that I am woefully short on technical information. namely..I don't know how that's done.

That saw is just fine in stock form...

Gary
Dam right it's a beast! So light I often attack my tree without one of my small saw's to get rid of the limbs. Now if they could put a straight handle on it it would be perfect! Just like a Jred!
You did not comment on the oil mix much? lol!

Nice going Fella's,

I'm hoping too get a 7900 first week of January. Looking forward too it too.:clap: :cheers:

I am going to run mine a little this afternoon.
Going to do some stuff to it, not sure till I open it up.
Little saw, good gain's? Dunno, but I want it like JJ say's on Good Times "Dyno-mite!"
Did you run it? I have been meaning to get a full wrap handle for mine, just been too busy as of late and are dollar sucks compared to the green back.The only mod I am going to do is put a Jred screen and deflector and of course a extra hole, with some baffle work too.

Did you run it? I have been meaning to get a full wrap handle for mine, just been too busy as of late and are dollar sucks compared to the green back.The only mod I am going to do is put a Jred screen and deflector and of course a extra hole, with some baffle work too.

Ran it a little. Put an 8 tooth, 32" bar and chain and for a stock saw I was pretty impressed. If the weather hold I will go up in the hills and see what I can saw into. Still need to seat the rings in the 880 too, so kinda itchin' to get out.

Ran it a little. Put an 8 tooth, 32" bar and chain and for a stock saw I was pretty impressed. If the weather hold I will go up in the hills and see what I can saw into. Still need to seat the rings in the 880 too, so kinda itchin' to get out.
8 pin! and 32'' Mind you I run a 20'' 8 pin and you can lean on the saw with that in are soft wood. When I run a Oregon reduced wight 28'' bar I run the 7 pin. I had to shave the chip deflector with my saw to make room for the 8 pin rim it was hitting the chip deflector with the 8 pin.The chain would not turn with the stock chip deflector and 8 pin rim. I have a post on here about that somewhere.

Metals406: The gif in your sig is wrong. You have to make a smaller notch and then angle the back cut. Expert Village says so....lol :censored:

Back