dolmar 9010m throttle cable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The throttle cable broke on my 9010. Took it to my saw shop (Stihl) and he couldn't find the part. I found it online, but before I order it, thought I would tear into the saw a little to see how big a job it is. It looks like I have to take most of the saw apart. Starting think that the guy just didn't want to mess with it. The saw ran and cut great. Should I order the $14 part or walk away.

Took apart the saw, found out the cable wasn't broken just came unhooked at the trigger end somehow. Couldn't tell what the loop on the end of the cable hooks to and the parts diagrams I found didn't show.
Ordered a new tank assembly and 2 rubber isolators. Turns out that the tank is a fastened assembly of 2 halves with the trigger and throttle cable.
Funny that nobody could tell me that. I am used to automobile and antique tractor forums where I get so many helpful responses that it's hard to read them all.

Latest posts

Back