dolmar PS-7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad24

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just ordered a dolmar 7900 for $570 with a 20" bar from a buddy that owns a shop. What do you think of the saw. Was it a good price; (I hope so, it was basically dealer cost). Let me know what you think.
Thanks, Brad

good for you brad, what's that about a 75 cc saw. beautful, good choice brother. Post your opinions on this saw. I personally think more competition will be beneficial. If I could sharpen a chain as sharp as this new puppy's teeth(Dolmar), I could probably run w/ArtMartin. where's Art?

I think it's 80cc,I've been wondering if the published powerhead weight is accurate? the whole line shares the same weight and I thought it odd.If it's really only 13.4lb that's a pretty intense power/weight ratio....I think you made a great choice!That's a great price too.I would jump on one myself at that price!

I bought a 7900 about a month ago Its 79cc

Fast acceleation
Very good torque (A Dolmar Tradition)

I let a couple people run this saw (Husky & Stihl Users) and they were :eek: amazed:eek: of the Power & Torque that this saw builds!!!

http://www.dolmar.com/Prod/0260e.htm

5a.jpg

nice post steve, what's the cost of the saw. That pic is great, w/ the slugs going away from the saw and all, I'm wondering, If that log was pinched, how good of saw is it? Does the sayer have some relief cuts? or is he stump jumping that pinched log?

I'm getting into technique now, nice saw steve. really like the rounds. good luck and keep us up to date.

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE
I paid $750 w/24" B&C (brad24 is that the 7900 at that price or is it the 6400 or 7300)

I've had no problems with the saw.

The picture I posted before is from the Dolmar website.

Here is some more info I found at dolmar.com

First place

- First place for the Dolmar PS-7900 Professional Chain Saw -

The Czech forestry college championships 2001 in Pischk were attended by 26 competitors from 18 forestry colleges. In front of numerous interested visitors and under the eyes of a strict jury, the participants put their technical expertise to the test.

With a clear distance from the runners-up, Jiri Anjel gained first place with the new Dolmar PS-7900 Professional Chain Saw. This victorious new professional chain saw will go into full-speed batch production with three powerful models any day now.

The new professional chain saws PS-7900, PS-7300 and PS-6400 with powerful, high-performance engines stand out for their high torque over a wide speed range. Their output is 4.6 kW, 4.2 kW and 3.5 kW. Due to their compact construction, the chain saws offer a distinctly favourable power-to-weight ratio. This is, for example, only 1.37 kg/kW for the most powerful Dolmar PS-7900 model and therefore distinctly lower than that of available professional chain saws.

Second and third places at the Czech Forestry championships were secured by Husqvarna, fourth position went to the participant with a Stihl chain saw. In addition to gaining the national championship, the victor Jiri Anjel was very specially pleased about a brand-new Dolmar Professional Chain Saw.

Tschechien_1.jpg

In full flight. Jiri Anjel on the way to victory with the new Dolmar PS-7900 Professional Chain Saw.

Tschechien_Sieger.jpg

Jiri Anjel, who gained first position at the Chechoslovakian For-estry Masterships with the new Dolmar PS-7900 Professional Chain Saw, at the victory ceremony.

Back