Dolmar PS352

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking of getting a smaller saw and was eying the ps35. Any idea when these are supposed to hit the market?

I've had a terrible time with my Dolmar PS 350, very hard starting, hard to keep running, not very powerful, had problems with it ever since I bought it, wished I never bought it, don't even take it with me anymore when I go to cut wood. Just my .02.

Looks horrible, with that "tool-less" chain adjust, and the plastic handlebar. Is it available without it?
The two stud version is shown mainly in that link in post 1.
I noticed it has spring av, adjustable oiler, metal chain catcher and they rate it for 90sg and 91px chain.
There can be quite a difference how various saws with that 1.7kw rating handle a load.

Attachments

• makita 35.2cc chainsaw.jpg
    makita 35.2cc chainsaw.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
I've had a terrible time with my Dolmar PS 350, very hard starting, hard to keep running, not very powerful, had problems with it ever since I bought it, wished I never bought it, don't even take it with me anymore when I go to cut wood. Just my .02.

There is something definitely wrong with the saw. That's a very strong 35cc saw.

Obviously something is not right at all with your saw! Have you ever adjusted the carb? L 1/4 out should change it to MUCH better!
Looks horrible, with that "tool-less" chain adjust, and the plastic handlebar. Is it available without it?
Sorry ST, but as far as I understand you have to take a handle bar on your saw, without is not an option....;) they have the regular nuts on the side, but they also have the "lose proof" funktion included. What I like ALOT about the new design is outboard clutch and pretty low weight combined with power. Will we see if real on hand experience can confirm this.
I've been thinking of getting a smaller saw and was eying the ps35. Any idea when these are supposed to hit the market?
as far as I have understood dealers here have them orderd and are awaiting delivery. They have been, what I have been told, available in Japan for almost a year now.

I do hope that they leave the tooless chain tensioner an option. I do not see any advantage for them.

.... What I like ALOT about the new design is outboard clutch and pretty low weight combined with power. Will we see if real on hand experience can confirm this. .......

Yes, I agree - but they should have made a 40cc version, to really replace the 410/411.

I guess we have to live with plastic handlebars on the smaller saws, and this isn't the worst looking one

I like inboard clutches the weights really not an issue .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7sleeper do you think it would be worth the wait over buying the current model? I was planning on picking one up sometime this month but it sounds like this one would be worth the wait if it isn't a whole lot more expensive.

@wideglide ,

since I donot know when they will be availabel in the US and I cannot say if you are willing to wait. Here the first dealers are just recieving them. As far as the pics I have seen I see it as a definitiv improvement over the previous models. I wouldn't be amazed if they introduce a 40cc model in the same housing(similar as they first introduced the PS32 model and only later the 35cc version). Pricewise they are at around 400€ at the moment but I expect them to be around 350 soon.

Latest posts

Back