Dolmar PS510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah @a. palmer jr. I'm guessing before dad died someone unscrupulously swapped out the bar and chain to make it easy for him to get chains. But not totally sure! I'll get on the phone to Dolmar and do some asking. Am still happy with the saw! Although I'm betting it slows down a bit with bigger 3/8 chain on it. Cheers

Yep that's what it looks like when I had her apart.

Made the neighbor kid go get some 92 octane fuel...haha put premix in the can before he left. He pops over and says i had to do it twice! I said WTH? "yeah" he said..."gas station dude would only take 3 bucks so first fill was .88 gallons second fill was .35"!
NO NO NO I explained. You aren't gonna use that weak mixed fuel in these saws! I think after an explanation he understood why hahaha! But this little thing screams!!!!! It outcuts the 455 Rancher easily! Even with the garbage chain on it. I'm absolutely happy I bought this thing! After 3/4 of the yard wood buzzed up i stopped for a cigar.View attachment 541446

That could well be a result of different chains (pitch, chain model and sharpness).

You're correct @SawTroll Just got off the phone with Dolmar in Ga. They're insanely helpful! He couldn't find my chain # referenced on the saw...and the bar # comes up as only available in Germany. The Serial # says it was manufactured in May of 2009 and that to trust the markings on the saw unless the sprocket has clearly been swapped. So back to square one I guess. But in all honesty I prefer 3/8 and a rim sprocket would be nice...so I'll search aftermarket options.

You're correct @SawTroll Just got off the phone with Dolmar in Ga. They're insanely helpful! He couldn't find my chain # referenced on the saw...and the bar # comes up as only available in Germany. The Serial # says it was manufactured in May of 2009 and that to trust the markings on the saw unless the sprocket has clearly been swapped. So back to square one I guess. But in all honesty I prefer 3/8 and a rim sprocket would be nice...so I'll search aftermarket options.

I'm fairly sure that the parts listed for the 5100S and 5105 will fit, so there really is no need to go aftermarket - but the rims are of course Oregon anyway. I assume Oregon also has drum and rim kits.

My 5100S has a 3/8 on it and looks to have the original bar. I believe it came out with a 3/8 setup on it.

Maybe in the US, I would be very surprised if it was the case over here on any of those models. I don't know at which level in the sales organization the cutting attachments are put on those saws, it may even vary with what was ordered by the dealer or distributer.

I know that I had the choice og pitch, gauge and bar length when I bought a 5100SH from the US though.

I'm fairly sure that the parts listed for the 5100S and 5105 will fit, so there really is no need to go aftermarket - but the rims are of course Oregon anyway. I assume Oregon also has drum and rim kits.

@SawTroll thanks...maybe that's part of the problem I'm having. If parts are possibly same I'll search those saws as well! I just know that I really like this saw so I want to get it set up for the long haul!

Maybe in the US, I would be very surprised if it was the case over here on any of those models. I don't know at which level in the sales organization the cutting attachments are put on those saws, it may even vary with what was ordered by the dealer or distributer.

I know that I had the choice og pitch, gauge and bar length when I bought a 5100SH from the US though.
All the 5100 and 510 I've see and owned were setup for 3/8 chain. The 510 is probably better off with .325 but the difference in cutting speed won't be that great. The 5100 on the other hand runs best with 3/8 it has plenty torque to pull it.

Latest posts

Back