dolmar synthetic oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amsoil two cycle oil is not tested to the JASO, ISO, Or any of API tests, read the bottles carefully. Says they are recomended where these certified oils are recomended. I backed down a dealer at the state fair yesterday and he admitted that Amsoil does not have their oils tested, he said it costs 5 million per oil type to have it tested, I think he is full of BS.

Why? Have you tested it versus, say, Racing 2T, which may not be on the market anymore, but is about half the price. Mobil's product is hard to beat, proven very high quality...and is the base stock for many other products.

It's all I've run for years now...at 36-1 or so...

A real shame they discontinued that oil...the best widely available synthetic!

Why? Have you tested it versus, say, Racing 2T, which may not be on the market anymore, but is about half the price. Mobil's product is hard to beat, proven very high quality...and is the base stock for many other products.

It's all I've run for years now...at 36-1 or so...

A real shame they discontinued that oil...the best widely available synthetic!

I know a guy that mite sell, a few quart's..........or 10 :)

Gary

Supposedly that stuff has a shelf life of about 2 years though...

I store alot of my oils and oil finishes and such in a fridge in the shed.

I don't know if it helps prolong the life of my 2T, but based on experience with refrigerating lots of kinds of products that have a shelf life I am guessing it will make a difference.

Last edited:
Here's another sheet on the oil.

It should be the same as the husqvarna XP? mix.

Back