dolmar synthetic oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are talking about the 100:1 stuff, is it available outside of Germany ? (and who would run the oil mix that weak....?? excluding the Amsoil groupies :greenchainsaw: )

Dolmar released the 50:1 fully synthetic mix back in January 2008.

Sizes Available:
1 Gallon Mix Part # 986 100 100 (2.6 Oz Bottle)
2.5 Gallon Mix Part # 986 100 101 (6.4 Oz Bottle)

Info from the sheet from Dolmar:

Dolmar Power Products is now offering an additional line of Two-Stroke oil mixes. The new oil is fully synthetic for better performance and meets exceeds the ISO EGD and JASO FD ratings.

* Low hydrocarbon emissions over engine lifetime
* Excellent overall engine cleanliness
* No spark plug fouling
* Superior lubrication
* Containes fuel stabilizer

attachment.php

attachment.php

I run the Echo stuff, as it is sold in most of the places I buy stuff from. Using it for 5 years in all two strokes I have with no problems :clap: .

I use Mobil One Racing 2T fully synthetic two cycle oil in everything that I have at 32 to 1 ratio without any problems. It is the only oil I have used that the engines will idle faster and respond to the throttle faster than any other oil I have tried in the last 30 years of experimenting with two cycle oils. I went to the state fair today and had a discussion with an Amsoil dealer about their two cycle oils, it did not end well. The whole Amsoil product pitch is based on using less oil, or extending change intervels which I am opposed to. I am also opposed to high fuel/oil ratios, but that is how Amsoil justifies their high prices. I also don't like sales hype and the fact that they don't test their two cycle oils with JASO, ISO, API, etc. My engines get the engine manufactures recomended amount of oil or more in their fuel, not some oil marketing companies recomendation. It is a proven fact that more oil in the mix equals more power due to better ring seal. I hope I haven't offended any Amsoil users here, that was not my intention.

Dolmar released the 50:1 fully synthetic mix back in January 2008.

Sizes Available:
1 Gallon Mix Part # 986 100 100 (2.6 Oz Bottle)
2.5 Gallon Mix Part # 986 100 101 (6.4 Oz Bottle)

Info from the sheet from Dolmar:

Dolmar Power Products is now offering an additional line of Two-Stroke oil mixes. The new oil is fully synthetic for better performance and meets exceeds the ISO EGD and JASO FD ratings.

* Low hydrocarbon emissions over engine lifetime
* Excellent overall engine cleanliness
* No spark plug fouling
* Superior lubrication
* Containes fuel stabilizer

How does one tell the difference between the 'standard' 50:1 mix and the syn stuff, as it doesn't appear to state it's a syn oil on the pics you've posted ?
(just wondering if the Makita stuff that came with my saw is syn or conventional ? I changed to Motul 800 2T after a few tanks and have quite a bit of the OE stuff left )

How does one tell the difference between the 'standard' 50:1 mix and the syn stuff, as it doesn't appear to state it's a syn oil on the pics you've posted ?
(just wondering if the Makita stuff that came with my saw is syn or conventional ? I changed to Motul 800 2T after a few tanks and have quite a bit of the OE stuff left )

The Synthetic mix comes in gray bottles (regular comes in black) and the synthetic says high performance on it.

All 100% synthetic oils are good. I prefer Stihl Ultra over everything.

Why? Have you tested it versus, say, Racing 2T, which may not be on the market anymore, but is about half the price. Mobil's product is hard to beat, proven very high quality...and is the base stock for many other products.

It's all I've run for years now...at 36-1 or so...

I also don't like sales hype and the fact that they don't test their two cycle oils with JASO, ISO, API, etc.

You are incorrect about the JASO and ISO:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx

I don't run amsoil in my saws currently (I use stihl ultra), but it is very good oil. And I don't sell it nor have I ever, just trying to post correct info.

Waylan

Dolmar synthetic in 5100s

I just purchased a Dolmar 5100s a few weeks ago.

The Dolmar distributor technical support person for the midwest area that I talked to said that Dolmar was phasing out the conventional oil and would be only selling the synthetic in the future. He said the saw runs cooler with synthetic and produces less smoke. The distributor also said that the conventional oil price is being lowered to the dealers so that the distributor can quickly get rid of all conventional oil stock they have in inventory.

k8crd

I have been a fan of synthetic oils since they came on the market. They do smoke less, and produce less carbon deposits in my engines. They also cost more but the two or three quarts a year that I use won't break the bank for me. I do have problems with sales hype and high ratios though, but that is just me. I will have to try the Stihl Ultra to see how it performs, I am sure if it is sold by Stihl it will be a good oil.

Let's be correct, I agree!

You are incorrect about the JASO and ISO:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx

I don't run amsoil in my saws currently (I use stihl ultra), but it is very good oil. And I don't sell it nor have I ever, just trying to post correct info.

Waylan

Please let me know where Amsoil complied with JASO M345 standards. I could not find it on their list of tested oils.

JASO test procedures;

http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV0412.pdf

And it is not on the list of approved oils:

http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV_LIST.pdf

Amsoil does not comply with those standards they only make reference to them in Bold type on their bottles so that skim readers like me might not realize that they are only recomending that their oil be used where these certified oils are recomended. Weasel words IMHO. I spoke with a Amsoil dealer at the State fair yesterday that when backed into a corner he used the excuse of "it's too costly to have their oils tested"! Hogwash! Either test it to the same standards as the other oils or go home. Amsoil two cycle may be good oil, but for my equipment I only run tested oils, no BS for me. I don't have a Dolmar dealer around my parts, but if I did I would try some of their oil.

I wasn't trying to get oil ratio, which oil is best thread going again but I can't find any ultra, R2T. I was at the dolmar dealer looking at the 5100s for my dad and the dealer said he had full synthetic. I was happy i actually found some.

I been having a hard time finding a synthetic oil in these parts besides snowmobile oil like klotz. I'm not spending that kinda money.
Dolmar dealer wants $1.80 for the 6.4 bottle not bad.

Please let me know where Amsoil complied with JASO M345 standards. I could not find it on their list of tested oils.

JASO test procedures;

http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV0412.pdf

And it is not on the list of approved oils:

http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/2T_EV_LIST.pdf

All I know is what their website shows:

Saber™ Professional Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATP)
AMSOIL Saber™ Professional (ATP) is formulated with exclusive AMSOIL synthetic base oils and premium additives. Designed for lean mix ratios in two-cycle motors, Saber 2-Cycle Oil has excellent lubricity and cleanliness properties to control friction and prevent wear, plug fouling, ring sticking and exhaust port blocking. AMSOIL Synthetic 100:1 2-Cycle Oils have been protecting and providing improved performance in two-cycle motors since 1973. ISO-L-EGD, JASO FD, API TC

Do you know the date on your list? Stihl ultra nor any stihl oil was on there either.

Waylan

Amsoil make some damned good lubes, but they have a habit of saying "meets XYZ standard" without having the bloody stuff independently tested and certified.
Basically, if an oil meets the JASO FB, FC or FD spec, it has a certificate number and it must be quoted according to the JASO otherwise you can't quote the spec.

I'm not too fussed as the oil I use doesn't have a JASO #, but it's blended as a pure racing oil ( MX GP bikes). Their (Motul's) cheaper oils have JASO FC and FD certificates. They are also a lighter viscosity for oil injection systems, like Castrol Power 1 Racing TTS (also JASO FD certified, and what I suspect Stihl Ultra might be) and I won't run an oil that light (approx 7.5 for TTS, 8.9 cSt for 710 2T vs 15.5 cSt @ 100*C for 800 2T) at the recommended 50:1 ratio

And sorry, none of this has any relevance to the OP's question......

Last edited:
Back