DOLMETTE - Chainsaw Dragster Bike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RandD
Can Terry and I take that bike for a test run? We have both done our share of promotional work for the 7900.
Later
Dan

Terry
That's the story of my life. I have to settle for sloppy seconds.
Later
Dan

I was thinking that you make like it , take it and change it make if faster and I'd never get the chance to ride it.

Do the Germans think of a dragster bike different than we do?
That rear tire is not a drag slick like I see on drag bikes and the rear frame does not look wide enough to hold a slick.

It is not meant to be a serious bike going after the world record for the 1/4 mile. This is a fun event in Germany that the bike will be running in and the event is a three day event called "Werner the Racing" coming from Werner comics in Germany. The man that started Werner comics is the person that came up with the idea for the motorcylce and he joined with Dolmar engineers to build it for this event.

DOLMETTE Sound

Originally posted by McC
It sure wouldn't have the patata, patata sound of a Harley. Can you imagine 24 saw motors dumping into those 2 big exhaust pipes at 15,00 rpm each.

Attached you find a short sample of the DOLMETTE sound. In reality it is much more impressive, because the recorder didn't had the band width.

DOLMETTE sound

Originally posted by McC
It sure wouldn't have the patata, patata sound of a Harley. Can you imagine 24 saw motors dumping into those 2 big exhaust pipes at 15,00 rpm each.

Attached you find a short sample of the DOLMETTE sound. In reality it is much more impressive, because the recorder didn't had the band width.

RandD we are missing the attachment. I for one want to hear what is must sound like to have a swarm of bees coming at you.

Sorry, MP3-File was not allowed

Originally posted by Dolmar_Tech_Mgr
RandD we are missing the attachment. I for one want to hear what is must sound like to have a swarm of bees coming at you.

Sorry,

first attempt I attached a MP3-File. This was not allowed. Now it is zipped.

Greetings from Germany

RandD

Speakers vibrated off my desk.

50' pine tree outside my office window started shaaaaaaking real bad!

Real life experience must be had!
When is it coming stateside???
Expo??
GIE???

Experimental vehicle (cart)

Attached you can find the pictures of the experimental vehicle (cart) for the proof of concept.

The cart was equipped with one module of 3 DOLMAR PS-7900 engines. Because of the tooth belt for the connection of the 3 engines worked very well, it was decided to use 8 of such modules for the DOLMETTE engine.

I think the kart would be 10 times more fun than the bike. Pretty cool set-up with the three engines and the double-sided toothed belt.

MAN..if that long ass thing got in to a highspeed wooble that would be the end!!!!!!!!...but it's really cool!!!

Back