DOLMETTE - Chainsaw Dragster Bike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandD

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

the engineers from DOLMAR created a gigantic dragster motorbike with 24 DOLMAR chainsaws engines. Base was the fabulous PS-7900 with 79 cc. The power output could be rised from 6,3 hp to 7,1 hp. So the DOLMETTE have 170 hp over all!

The 24 engines were connected over the standard clutch by 12 drivebelts. To avoid the overload of the Harley-Davidson-Gearbox, the drivebelts were also used to reduce the maximum engine speed from 15000 rpm to 4300 rpm. At the gearshaft the engines are wrenching with athletic 400 Nm!

Furhter informations will be soon available on
www.dolmette.com or
www.dolmar.com

Greetings from Germany

RandD

Lol, I think he would use it for shoveling away wood chips.

Thats thing is b1tchen, Ide like to hear it run too.

It sure wouldn't have the patata, patata sound of a Harley. Can you imagine 24 saw motors dumping into those 2 big exhaust pipes at 15,00 rpm each.

Could someone post a picture of it, I cant download PDF files for some dumb reason.
Sounds kicka$$ though.

I would like to see the throttle linkage set up on that unit.I would love to see and hear ot run.

First test on Conti proving ground

At the beginning of the week we started our first rollout with the DOLMETTE on the proving ground of the automotive supplier Continental near Hanover, Germany.

The first test was not so succesful because the huge torque of our power plant damaged the rear wheel shaft system.

The result of the second attempt was a total burned clutch (Harley tuning part).

After some hours hard work, we could finished the last test in the evening very successful. It was no problem to wheelspin even in the second gear.

Attached you find some pictures and a short movie without sound.

Greetings from Germany

Last edited:
Another picture

2nd picture from the DOLMETTE on the Contidrom race track

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back