Don't know how I talked myself into all this, but...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuleyJ

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I did not need another saw, but I bought a 7900 a few months back anyway. The HD kit was a had to have for some reason so I got one. I ran the saw for a while and decided that I really like it, so I decided I was going to port it. Then I talked myself into sending it off so I PM'd Sling'r and he said no prob. While it was gone I talked myself into a full wrap handle that was more than relatively pricey. Now I have a brand new 28" Stihl ES bar here but I somehow convinced myself that I just had to try a RW bar because I could not put anything Stihl on this saw. So here she is at home and all dressed up. Vids to come before too long I hope. Big thanks to Sling'r cause she runs beautifully.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Nice looking saw you got there. :clap: I'm glad it made it. How do you like it now that it's ported? Have you tried any square ground yet?

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's the new favorite out of all the saws. Now you need some square ground chain for it to make it a little faster.

The RW bars sure do weigh lot less. It balances better than the 24" bar that came on it and It feels lighter. I think this setup should work well, probably won't be left home much!

Yeah a 28" rw weighs a touch more than a 20". That is the best combo I tried on a 7900. Are you running a 7 or 8 pin sprocket on it?

Post the pix again ..
i drooled to much and the ink ran..
:)

Yes that is doug fir. I still need to get a little more too. It has a 7 pin right now. I need to see how it runs at altitude before I try the 8, but it feels to have more than enough to pull the 8 here.

I did not need another saw, but I bought a 7900 a few months back anyway. The HD kit was a had to have for some reason so I got one. I ran the saw for a while and decided that I really like it, so I decided I was going to port it. Then I talked myself into sending it off so I PM'd Sling'r and he said no prob. While it was gone I talked myself into a full wrap handle that was more than relatively pricey. Now I have a brand new 28" Stihl ES bar here but I somehow convinced myself that I just had to try a RW bar because I could not put anything Stihl on this saw. So here she is at home and all dressed up. Vids to come before too long I hope. Big thanks to Sling'r cause she runs beautifully.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

MMmmmmm mmmm Soooooooooooooo sexy.
458.gif

That is one bad azz lookin saw! Do you like the full wrap on that saw? I was thinkin of gettin one.

That is one bad azz lookin saw! Do you like the full wrap on that saw? I was thinkin of gettin one.

I like wrap handles, but I have not used this one enough to know yet. It does not clear the noodles as well, that was kind of to be expected though.

Back