Don't you just love dealing with buyers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giles

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Had a guy come look at one of my saws, just a while ago. He decided on one of my Stihl 200t.
However, he asked my why the BLADE was on up-side-down? I tried to explain but he insisted that I put the BLADE on RIGHT:laugh:
I removed the bar and installed it so that "STIHL" was right-side-up:msp_thumbup:
He left happy;)

Had a guy come look at one of my saws, just a while ago. He decided on one of my Stihl 200t.
However, he asked my why the BLADE was on up-side-down? I tried to explain but he insisted that I put the BLADE on RIGHT:laugh:
I removed the bar and installed it so that "STIHL" was right-side-up:msp_thumbup:
He left happy;)

Shoulda' told em' when your upside down in a tree it's right.

I bought a saw not too long ago and one side of the bar was completely worn out. Other side was nice:hmm3grin2orange:

Man, sometimes buyers are just pleasant to work with. They have respect for power tools, ask relevant questions, know how to start a saw, know how to tune a carb, know what they want, etc. :cheers:

Sometimes you get people that make you want to take your saw and leave without the $$$. :bang:

He left happy;)
Maybe he'll become an AS member next week, you never know.

He left happy;)

Why didn't you explain to him that yours was an Australian model?

PS: if i'm trying to sell a saw i take the time and make sure the bar is on "the right way". You must admit that its more aesthetic that way. :)

Last edited:
around here I can put a 16" b/c on a 36cc crapsman and it won't sell,,, if I put a 32" b/c on the same saw it would sell in a heart beat

around here I can put a 16" b/c on a 36cc crapsman and it won't sell,,, if I put a 32" b/c on the same saw it would sell in a heart beat

samething around here, anything with less then a 20" bar i'll be luckey to get $100 for if it has a 20" bar it's worth $200 don't know why

samething around here, anything with less then a 20" bar i'll be luckey to get $100 for if it has a 20" bar it's worth $200 don't know why

Because the average person refers to saws in bar inches. "oh you have big saws? How big, like 26 inch saws?"

Because the average person refers to saws in bar inches. "oh you have big saws? How big, like 26 inch saws?"

LOL I've got a 20" bar on my old Johnsereds 52. It's there cause that is the saw I own that is most appropriate for a 20" bar. Most people see it and there eyes get big and they say something to the effect of wow. Big saw.

I turned a bar over on a Farm boss that one of my friends owned and found out it would not oil the chain when the bar was upside down. It only had the oiler hole drilled on one side. It was a Stihl bar too that came with the saw when it was bought new. I thought it might have been made that way so you could only use one side of the bar and dealers can sell more bars. Its the only bar i have ever seen like that.

Sold a Poulan micro that I had put an 18" off a Crapsman on. Only bar that I had that would fit it at the time. Sold it to a fella at our garage sale and I insisted it needed a shorter bar. Fellow woluldn't hear of it..............................................................

Sold a Poulan micro that I had put an 18" off a Crapsman on. Only bar that I had that would fit it at the time. Sold it to a fella at our garage sale and I insisted it needed a shorter bar. Fellow woluldn't hear of it..............................................................

I've had several small Poulans with an 18" b/c..most people like me just use the small saws for trimming anyway and with a long bar it's easier on my back.

Back