Drolet HT2000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyone else own this stove?

• yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Looks good.

Ill be interested to hear how it keeps up in the dead of winter and what kind of overnight burn times you get during the cold.

I absolutely love our Acclaim, it heats VERY well, but I want more capacity in the firebox.

Nice looking, but very expensive to maintain. Our was very neglected by the previous homeowner. Ive damn near rebuilt the stove short of taking it entirely apart. ALL of the internals are new. Previous owner replaced the side bricks and rear arch bricks with 1" plate steel. The grates were deformed. The griddle was warped, refractory was almost gone. Upper fireback was warped and cracked. Griddle handle had been welded back on and the door latch wouldn't make a tight seal.

But it still throws heat and runs efficient enough that I get 0 visible emissions out of the chimney.

I would rather have put the money into something with a larger firebox and more efficient, but I got overruled.

Nice looking, but very expensive to maintain. Our was very neglected by the previous homeowner. Ive damn near rebuilt the stove short of taking it entirely apart. ALL of the internals are new. Previous owner replaced the side bricks and rear arch bricks with 1" plate steel. The grates were deformed. The griddle was warped, refractory was almost gone. Upper fireback was warped and cracked. Griddle handle had been welded back on and the door latch wouldn't make a tight seal.

But it still throws heat and runs efficient enough that I get 0 visible emissions out of the chimney.

I would rather have put the money into something with a larger firebox and more efficient, but I got overruled.
I see your point, hindsight is 20/20.
Been in that predicament a few times myself.
Drolet make some fine stoves and have some great looking styles in large and extra large sizes that would suit your decor.
The Escape 1800 with legs has a classic look that suits most decors.
Lots of other wood stove manufacturers out there making great stoves too.

Yep. Had the stove sold on Craigslist for almost twice what I was asking due to interest. I would have easily covered what I had into it plus some and menards had the ht2000 on sale for $800.

The board said no.

sent from a field

More wood stove burn pics. Our new stove is keeping us warm so far.
I'm out of the softer firewoods now(White Birch, Silver maple, Pine), but have some Ash and lots of Sugar Maple left.
I just started the pellet stove up two days ago and it's runs all season until the shoulder season comes back again.
Our temps have been down below -5 some nights and we got our first snowfall the other day.
The house is still being warmed in the daytime by the wood stove only and I'm installing the included blower today so I'll keep posted on how it goes.
Last pic is looking into basement from outside through the garden doors.
Cheers.
DSCF7262.JPG DSCF7260.JPG DSCF7258.JPG

I have had mine 3 or 4 years now. Heats better and has a big bed of coals in the morning when using a good hard wood like oak and ash. Much better than with my 30 years with a Vermont Castings Defiant. I have posted on this stove before. It is in my walk out basement and heats over 2400 Sq. Ft. { basement and 1st. floor]

Latest posts

Back