Dropped Large Oak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice drop!!! I feel your pain on the soreness, too! earlier this winter I dropped a monster white oak and have spent a large amount of my time since getting the wood home. I've got 4 cords split and stacked so far and nowhere close to being done yet. Was out cleaning up the stump area today so the farmers can get into the field and finally got a chance to measure the width at the stump: 47 inches! I wish my felling cut looked as nice as yours did! The amazing thing is the trunk was still 44" about ten up,too. I've posted em before but here's a few pics in case you missed:

Its a lot of wood but I'll definately think twice before tackling one that big again! Cheers.

Holy crap!!! Nice oak there. Good firewood for sure. It takes a while to process the thing though. The crotches are fun to split also. Some of the grain is neat looking anyways.

Nice looking drop. I love how them 7900's run. I dont see how anyone can cut wood without at least glasses. I did it once and got enough saw chips in my eye to start a fire. Never again. I am lax on PPE. I dont have chaps or a head gear, but safety glasses are a must!
See that's what I'm talkin' about. :cheers:

Very nice indeedy! Especially since you had the right tool for the job ( 7900). Last fall I the chance to run both a 7900 and a 440 straight out of the boxes. The 7900 whooped up on the 440 and at a substantial cost savings too. Nice job.

Very nice indeedy! Especially since you had the right tool for the job ( 7900). Last fall I the chance to run both a 7900 and a 440 straight out of the boxes. The 7900 whooped up on the 440 and at a substantial cost savings too. Nice job.

Ya. A 440 is no match to the 7900. I would say a 660 and 7900 would be a good match with 20" bc. I have a friend at work that has a 650. I would like to run them side by side!!!

Latest posts

Back