Dumb pull handle question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil21502

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So today when I went to start my Jared 2159 the pull rope just pulled clear out of the housing. Well I put it back in and winds back up except for like four inches of string. Something dumb I'm overlooking?

You need to take another wrap. Spring tension just not eneough.

Let's see if I can explain this...........Pull the handle out about a foot,then take a pair of needle nose and get ahold of the rope in the housing and pull some back in. Then turn the pulley one more rotation while holding the rope with it.

I hope that made sense.

Assuming the action is still OK - the cord comes out, and the spring returns it (except the last 4 inches) then you just didn't put enough tension on the spring before you wrapped it. I'm not familiar with your saw, but you may be able to just pull the cover off and wrap the pull cord around another time or two. Once it's just right, give it one more wrap, so that the handle is being pulled against the starter assembly when it's released. That way, it won't rattle around when running.

Or cut off 4" :)

Confused on the winding the spring...lol, sorry for the dumbness.

Was messing with a rusty spring (too much sawing in the snow) just 3 days ago on the 026 and had the same problem. You just need to pull the rope out so you put some tension on the spring, hold the spring tight so it doesn't unwind, push the rope back into the housing and make another loop (or 2), let go of the spring and reassemble :)

Back