dump trailer's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. You have a pretty good understanding of how it works.

My Bandit 200 will eat branches your mini would have trouble carrying, and I have a 12K knuckleboom crane on my chipper truck, so we don't use the A300 until it's really a big job.

My next toy/s are a dumping trailer that can carry my A300, rather than the 3 axle flatbed that we use now. After that, I get a mini-loader for the tight quarters and the small gates.

I'm waiting for a mini with smooth tracks, too. I went for over 20 years without buying a skid steer, since I can't stand tearing up the ground everywhere we go. I have used small tractors with loaders, but they have limitations too.

I might be wrong, but I don't think you would touch a low hour A300 for 28 grand. They cost over $50K new. BIG cost for a big machine sums it up pretty well. If it weren't for that machine in snow removal this year, I would have been in big trouble with my customers.

I don't see what all the rage is over the slick tracks. You gotta get a little traction somehow. The weight of the mini keeps the damage to a minimum. That 9,000 lb a300 wouldn't get it on the golf course like lawns on the properties around here that all have sprinkler systems. Don't care what kind of flotation tires you have on them.

How do you drag brush from the way back with that thing.

My dingo can drag huge branches up to my BC 2000 and put them into the rollers. We put bigger stuff into it with my 14 ton crane or subs.

I absolutely could not live without a mini.

Drag brush from way 'round back? I'm afraid we are still doing it the hard way if we can't get to the job with the A300. The mini-loader is on the wish list, though.

I run over sprinkler heads all the time with my A300. The ground pressure with the flotation tires is really pretty low. We have never broken a head yet. We use it all the time at a high visibility cemetary, and have no complaints yet. Does that qualify?

Golf course lawns with lots of moisture: not a good idea, you will leave some depressions, no matter what you do. I would never consider a mini- for that kind of yard, either.
Normal lawns in reasonably dry weather: no problem, especially if you let out some of the tire pressure.

I'll guarantee that the average track-dingo does more turf damage than my huge A300. I could carry a dingo onto most jobs and do less damage than a dingo skidding around.

If you don't think so, go down to the Bobcat dealer and ask for a demo.

Last edited:
You have a problem that you need to fix before Mr. DOT gets a hold of you.

1. Wire the emergency break away brake controller into your dump hoist battery.
2. Run a special (+)charge wire back to the battery from your truck. This should run through the trailer plug in. I prefer to run the wire on my trucks hot from the battery with a 30 amp in-line circuit breaker and an ignition controlled relay to shut off the power when the truck is turned off. This will prevent overloaded circuits on your truck and it will protect you from fires and other short circuit problems.

Every time you go somewhere, the truck will charge the battery. If you goof up and run down the battery on your truck by leaving the lights on, you have an ignition-switched reservoir that will help you get started again (also helpful on those cold winter startups). Your emergency breakaway battery will always be charged, and you won't ever need to charge the hoist battery.

Thank you for the advice. I think that will solve my problem. I'll keep in touch to let you know how it works.

i like the wheels better then the tracks. if you do a skid steer turn, it doesnt manner what you have, it will wreck the lawn. take your time and do it right it sure beats using the old hand truck. my back didnt hurt this weekend.

I own a boxer 532 and an A300. The boxer will run over golf course lawns all day long, no marks or damage. The A300 goes out on big jobs in open yards or with massive wood to move long distances. It will make some marks in yards if you keep tracking over the same area.

i ordered a sure-trac 6x10 9,990 gvw dump trailer with a telescopic lift cylinder option, which is not listed on their sight and is new for this year. from looking at them the seem very comparable to bri-mar dump trailers.

i ordered a sure-trac 6x10 9,990 gvw dump trailer with a telescopic lift cylinder option, which is not listed on their sight and is new for this year. from looking at them the seem very comparable to bri-mar dump trailers.
I finally got one , used it today , in a carry-on, made in arkansas ,same as yours, payed just under $4000.

I had a 10k cap. 12 footer years ago and sold it. I went a few years without one and missed it all the time. Couple of years ago I bought another one, as I said ...used for $2500 and the guy wanted $4k. My point is that it is not so much the refined things that one or the other has but rather just that you HAVE one. You don't want too small of one but any one in that 10k cap and 10 to 14 foot length will get used all the time.

My 3 favorite uses...

1. sell a full cord in it (we crane a bin right into it and dump, or conveyor into it)

2. Dingo or mini skid logs over the sides into it

3. Drop it off in the middle of a job and leave it and accumulate trash rakings in it.

I had a 10k cap. 12 footer years ago and sold it. I went a few years without one and missed it all the time. Couple of years ago I bought another one, as I said ...used for $2500 and the guy wanted $4k. My point is that it is not so much the refined things that one or the other has but rather just that you HAVE one. You don't want too small of one but any one in that 10k cap and 10 to 14 foot length will get used all the time.

My 3 favorite uses...

1. sell a full cord in it (we crane a bin right into it and dump, or conveyor into it)

2. Dingo or mini skid logs over the sides into it

3. Drop it off in the middle of a job and leave it and accumulate trash rakings in it.

Found another good use for one. My sister is having a house built and did all the site clean-up herself. She paid me to leave in at her lot until full and then paid me to haul to dump. I made a little cash and helped her save some bucks too!

Dump trailers are great and wonderful tools, but make sure you match the truck/trailer and don't get a gooseneck unless you don't plan on keeping many other tools in the bed. I have a gooseneck with removable sides that I frequent issues with. Actually the whole thing is a wreck, but the moral of the story is get the best quality you can afford. It's cheaper in the long run.

I have a Baker Built, 12',12000lbs,dual ram. I love it.
Dump trailers are priceless. Do your research, a new cheaper built one will not last as long as a used high dollar. I bought out of the top of the line group, Baker Built, B&B, Titan and J&J. I could have bought a brand new Bri-Mar or EZ dumper or Master Dump for the price I paid for my used one.
The lower grade ones are good stuff for landscapers and so on, not for trees, they will work but they will not last. Nothing against anybody for having those brands, they are just not built as solid as some of the others. A good, used one, will last for a long time.

Mine is a Dandee Dump. Sold by the biggest dump trailer outlet in this area. Not sure where it falls in comparison but the metal is plenty thick and all the components are replaceable. It dumps faultlessly high enough. It came with a battery charger built in which my last one did not. When I am dumping between houses I wish it had barn doors but if space is available then I would just as soon not to have to open and secure 2 doors.

Only thing I would like to add is a cordless control which I suppose I could buy?

Back