dump trailers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twigg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have any of you run big tex dump trailers? And how well have they held up?
Looking to buy a goosneck tandem dump trailer and have heard a lot of good things about big tex. Any advice.

Don't know about the Tex trailers, but we've had a very good experience with Hawke. The only beef we had was with the standard Goodyear tires going flat all the time.

A local dealer has an 18 or 20 footer that he's looking to unload at close to cost. It has dual axles with dual wheels on each axle. PM me if you want more info.

TT

Twigg said:
Have any of you run big tex dump trailers? And how well have they held up?
Looking to buy a goosneck tandem dump trailer and have heard a lot of good things about big tex. Any advice.

I own a big tex. It isn't as refined as a Magnum trailer.
I had to rewire the trailer after 6 months due to poor factory wiring and inattention in the wiring process. Also, the trailers use cheaper jacks, lights, etc. unless you specify you want better. Look at a Magnum. Top of the line and has little improvements compared to other trailers.
Look at the weight. Size for size, magnums are heavier than competitor models. More steel, more supports, etc.

Latest posts

Back