Dump Truck Question...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my outfit gets a lot of feed back for the nice clean newer gear!!!!!!!

sorry to say,,,,,, you could lose jobs on presentation!!!!! or lack of!!!!

Haha, I've got some customers who think I'm over charging them if I show up in my Dodge/Cummins. And then there are those who thumb their nose at me if I show up in my 89 GMC. Go figure. :laugh:
I think the key is to be a man of your word, and do an excelent job. With good word of mouth they won't care what you drive.

I guess there are two kinds of people here. Those who support the new car dealers, and those who support the parts stores. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

add a third to your list

Haha, I've got some customers who think I'm over charging them if I show up in my Dodge/Cummins. And then there are those who thumb their nose at me if I show up in my 89 GMC. Go figure. :laugh:
I think the key is to be a man of your word, and do an excelent job. With good word of mouth they won't care what you drive.

I guess there are two kinds of people here. Those who support the new car dealers, and those who support the parts stores. :hmm3grin2orange:

Andy
Add a third type person to your list.
I think buying a late model USED is the best option.

My Dodge is my latest model, it's a 98. Hmm, that's 9 years old, not too late I guess. :D It looks good though, and pulls even better.

I say drive what your comfortable paying for.

Andy

Dependability????

B (but theres ALOT more to it then what you have listed for B)....some of my reasons:

1- No warranty
2- Already 16+ years old
3- If you look at a new or newer truck they are actually CHEAPER to run then an older truck....
4- Not going to last much longer
5- I doubt its dependability
6- I don't like running anything older then 6 years old
7- Eye appeal..what do people think whne they see that truck??

Mr Firewood...please look carefuly at what i said at number 3....you are taking $600+ dollars and spending it on OLDER equipment which then becomes a money pit and has no resale value...think about it..

I was reading this post and said to myself this sounds like someone from Jersey ("If it costs more it must be better") I spun wrenches for a tree Co. in Jersey for 5yrs.those guys could break water!! My boss had your attitude, can't tell you how it would piss me off to work your a** off on a piece of equipment, get it right and have him sell it for a new one. The guys wouldn't't be trained on it and I would have more Sh** to deal with. Old trucks are made stronger than new, hands down. But in this guys defense most garages in Jersey RAPE everyone that walks in the door, so buying new is sometimes a better option.

I'm opening a can!!!

yup, dam, Jazak, you're just smarter than the rest of us poor idiots here.

guess Im stupid to take care of my equipment. should be more like you and just trash it, WTH? gonna buy another one soon anyway!

smarter your not, in a different area with different type of people? maybe.
just because we dont agree with you doesnt make the rest of us dumb.

reminds me of the old joke that goes: statistics say that 1 out of every 5 people are mentally unstable. think of your 4 closest friends, if they're normal, it's you.

well, this old dumb boy is gonna close this post out.
-Ralph

Begely, this is the attitude with some people in Jersey,NYC!!! I came from a small town in Pa. to spin wrenches for a tree Co. in central/northern NJ. You should have seen the look on my face when I visited the local junk yard, They junk newer and nicer looking stuff than I was driving at the time. I think its a result of having what I call "stupid money"! WE had clients buy 1.2 mil. homes next to theirs, knock it down to get a bigger yard!!! NO KIDDING!!
So don't knock this guy its just how people are there(good for me I've gotten some great deals there!!!

Back