E-bay warning for you guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the seller thats a concern or the Stihl Parts CD he's got for sale? Is it something only a dealer should own?:confused:

but only once... If your clock gets reset, mediacat "remembers" that it was running at a later date. PITA. Luckily I get new CDs every quarter.

Last edited:
I use 'Cat only when my internet is down. I have been using E-Sales (Stihl's dealer site) and its parts lookup. I find its a bit easier to navigate. My only gripe is the difficulty- sometimes impossibility- of accessing TSB's. Do any of you know a shortcut thru E-sales for this? Media Cat is an excellent resource. Stihl just needs to join the 21st century and make updates available online. Maybe I'm lazy about this, but I hate CD's. Let's expand this- as all threads seem to do- and bring up how lousy Snap On's Parts Manager Pro (for Tecumseh) is to load and use.

I use 'Cat only when my internet is down. I have been using E-Sales (Stihl's dealer site) and its parts lookup. I find its a bit easier to navigate. My only gripe is the difficulty- sometimes impossibility- of accessing TSB's. Do any of you know a shortcut thru E-sales for this? Media Cat is an excellent resource. Stihl just needs to join the 21st century and make updates available online. Maybe I'm lazy about this, but I hate CD's. Let's expand this- as all threads seem to do- and bring up how lousy Snap On's Parts Manager Pro (for Tecumseh) is to load and use.

I hate the E-service version... slow and crappy presentation...and never every use it unless I'm at a local computer without M-cat... Load M-cat on your hard drive.. nothing compares.

You don't have to go though Esales to get to Eservice. All current TSB's are part of Eservice. Old TSB's (pre 1992 or so..) are only on paper right now.

Here in KY they get 1 disc a year for mediacat, my copy for last year expired
in Nov or Dec.

Yes, Mediacat is much easier to use, I even liked it better than part-smart.

Back