earth wood stove?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I live you have to get a building permit to install a wood stove even if you hearth mount a wood stove using an existing fireplace chimney. Because of the required permit if the stove does not have an EPA II+ approval rating label and a testing lab approval label on the back side the inspector will not allow installation. Not meaning to give you a downer reply just a for what it's worth comment.

Shari

anyone know the value of a nice large earth wood stove from the 60's? looks like lopi endever! thanks

Why do you say it is from the 60's? There should be a plate on the back that tells you when it was built and what model it is. If it is what is in the photo, that would be more like 80's vintage or later, and might be an epa listed stove. As for value, check out craigslist in your area for what stoves are selling for.

I've had two...both freestanding.....
first one didnt have blowers......made great heat and easy too fire but liked wood.
The one I have now has blowers.....still likes wood but heats my whole house and I enjoy cutting and working with wood.
Mine is a model 102. Trouble free for years now.

If your into more heat with less wood......then I would look into the newer more efficient stoves.

But if you want a monster that will heat your house too 80* like mine is right now with it 14* outside....then the earth stove is a good choice!.

The neighbors are putting expensive windows and doors in too conserve heat and we have the doors open and grass growing about 8' around the perimeter of the house! :laugh:

I've had two...both freestanding.....
first one didnt have blowers......made great heat and easy too fire but liked wood.
The one I have now has blowers.....still likes wood but heats my whole house and I enjoy cutting and working with wood.
Mine is a model 102. Trouble free for years now.

If your into more heat with less wood......then I would look into the newer more efficient stoves.

But if you want a monster that will heat your house too 80* like mine is right now with it 14* outside....then the earth stove is a good choice!.

The neighbors are putting expensive windows and doors in too conserve heat and we have the doors open and grass growing about 8' around the perimeter of the house! :laugh:

That's no good.Now you have to cut grass all winter.:laugh:

Latest posts

Back