Earthquake MC33 cultivator review.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased this Earthquake MC33 cultivator from Lowes recently for the small space garden.
I didn't expect a lot of performance on this cultivator but not like these disappointments.
My final judgment on this cultivator will go to 3 stars
Hope this video helps people who are considering purchasing.
Jkk

I just bought a model 43 on an auction ,--needs carb fixed but does run. I dont expect much from it. It would be handy around plants were the big tillers wont fit,---save a lot of hand hoe work IF this thing actually runs.

I just bought a model 43 on an auction ,--needs carb fixed but does run. I dont expect much from it. It would be handy around plants were the big tillers wont fit,---save a lot of hand hoe work IF this thing actually runs.
Don't expect too much on the cultivator but little better than man power with a shovel.😉😉😉
Jkk

return it, that design is terrible for the users body. look up the mantis
I wish I could return it but it's too late. I bought it a couple months ago then stored it in the garage until now.😢😢😢

I might look for a used Manti cultivator in future.

Thanks 😉😉

Jkk

Take the wheels off and let it go forward then drag it backwards when using it in your garden. The only thing it will do on ground that hasnt been broken and tilled deeply is bounce up and down.

Take the wheels off and let it go forward then drag it backwards when using it in your garden. The only thing it will do on ground that hasnt been broken and tilled deeply is bounce up and down.
Very true. Only works well dragging backward.

That way is 1000% better than what the factory recommended.

They should revise the owner manual instructions.

I will make a video and upload to the YouTube for other people.

Thank you so much.

Jkk
View attachment converted.mp4

I dont like the Mantis at all! Ex-boss had one and didnt like it either! LOL! passed up one sittin next to this one on the same auction! I have a Ryobi that I used to use for many years and they work great around the plants.--this one will do what I need since the ground is loose. Just need to stir up the weed seeds around the plants with it.

I made a video for people who have struggled with it.
Also, post it now.
Thank you
Jkk

Back