Earthquake????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
News just said it was a 5.4 centered in Illinois about 35 miles north/northwest of Evansville IN

Man that thing just about shook one of my saws off of it's shelf. :laugh: (gotta keep it on topic ya know ;) )

Mark me down for a YES ! I zonked in the recliner last night, and woke up this morning thinking one of the critters was shakin the chair. Never thunk it would have been an earthquake !:dizzy: :dizzy:

I was putin my clothes on in the bedroom when the handles on the dressers started to rattle. I put my hand on the dresser & felt the hole thing shaking, WTF? Quit shortly after. Jonesburg MO

5.4?

Yawn. Going to get a mention on the news, that's about it.

Oh, sorry. This wasn't in southern California. Okay, go ahead and talk about it.

:D

I was looking at the map on CNN of the affected areas, that is huge. I wrote my Aunt in Elizabethtown KY to see if she felt anything.

It's interesting how the animals know about it before we feel it. Well documented, but not understood.

Woke me up in a round about way. My daughters bird was going nuts! She had her wings spread completely and was hissing and lunging across the cage. I thought I was going to have to put her down till the shaking started lol. Wasn't bad here though. We live pretty far away.

Was rock'n and roll'n pretty good in east central IL. Lots of people said their pets went nuts. But my dog slept right through it. If it can sleep through that I probably need a new one to keep the saws safe.....

My wife said "I know you think I am crazy but the house was shaking". She was right I thought she was crazy until I turned on the 6:00AM news.

Bill

Back