Eastern PA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just so we're clear on names here. This is Oscar:
0823091943.jpg

If you are afraid of dogs, wear high boots or watch your ankles. He sense's fear. :givebeer: I'm really not joking.

Thanks
John

Hi John, Sunday is good for me. PM me if you need additional lumber, food, etc.

BTW, nice dog you have there. I have had a long standing interest in WWII aviation history and the "dackel" was the preferred mascot for many Luftwaffe squadrons. Small, but the potential is there for packing a mean punch.

Lookin fwd to the GTG and hope the weather cooperates.

Pete

If the name of the game is tough dogs, I can bring a few....

Dual Champion Conquest's Cortez, 120 + pounds, a total beast:

Cortez15.jpg

Dual Champion Conquest's Hagar, 95 pounds:

Hagar5.jpg

Dual Champion Califassa Red, 90 pounds of ripped muscle:

Fassa1.jpg

Califassa would probably be the best bet for Oscar. She goes into heat in another week or two.

Wild looking dogs! I bet they eat oscars body weight in food a day! LOL

Some time towards the end of the week I would like to get a better hold of who all is coming. Via Pm would work well. That way I can make sure to have enough food, wood, etc. on hand. Looking forward to meeting some fellow AS members. Possibly a member who can help me with learning how to post videos. LOL

If possible could all those who a coming or are pretty sure they are coming, please send me a PM. Just want to get a close head count. Thanks again guys.

not an attempt to hijack.........

hey everybody planning on attending,

what saws are people planning on bringing? i don't have much in the 'awesome and unusual' catagory but i will bring whatever i can, to add more variety to the mix of saws. if someone has a hankering to run one of the saws i listed below, say so, and i will see if i can get it in the trunk!
also,
if anyone is wanting to do some swapping (no money involved), speak up! i only wanna tote stuff if people are interested in general.

runners i might bring:
dolmar 7900
stihl 038m
stihl 038s
stihl 028wb
stihl s10
stihl 020avp super
homelite 54 (solo 654)
homelite xl2 twin trigger
remington mity mite

swapmeet style parts i might bring:
038m parts (more or less enough to build a complete saw)
020av parts (probably a saw and a half worth)
whole 020av saws, several needing some work
026 needs some work
026 small bits n pieces
066 small bits n pieces

john,
not an attempt at hijacking.... i was only hoping we could get an idea of the arsenal that will be there. ;)

Those that have pm'd me this week i did receive them even if I did not reply yet. Thank you. I will be keeping an eye on the weather. Just caught a bit of the news tonight and it looks like there could be some shower activity. I will keep the thread updated.

I don't know exactly where you are located Oscar but I just watched the weather on ch16 in Scranton and "Tom" indicated that Sun. will be sunny all day! But "Tom" has been wrong before!!

Being a PA GTG I will bring some moded saws done by a menber from PA. My 346XP and 372XPW both fast saws.
Going to bring some other moded saws done by Jim from Nebraska. A Jonsered 2153CWH and if it arrives in time a new 2171C with the 75cc top end. Both these Jonsereds I bought from Spike in the last year or so.
I do have some top handle saws and race saws. If anyone has some interest speak-up.

Those that have pm'd me this week i did receive them even if I did not reply yet. Thank you. I will be keeping an eye on the weather. Just caught a bit of the news tonight and it looks like there could be some shower activity. I will keep the thread updated.

Oscar,
I'm interested in coming. is there anything resembling a itenerary yet? I'm most interested in filing/sharpening "classes" and maybe a few tuning tips as well. Are any of the sponsors bringing some "toys" I sure would be interested in a tach.

I don't know exactly where you are located Oscar but I just watched the weather on ch16 in Scranton and "Tom" indicated that Sun. will be sunny all day! But "Tom" has been wrong before!!

The good looking gal on WBRE at noon showed maybe late day rain. The weather channel showed rain. It's 6 days off. Anything can happen.

I'll have a 346 XP and a 141. Can you handle it? LOL

Kevin

Oscar,
I'm interested in coming. is there anything resembling a itenerary yet? I'm most interested in filing/sharpening "classes" and maybe a few tuning tips as well. Are any of the sponsors bringing some "toys" I sure would be interested in a tach.

Got you covered on the sharpening and I have a tach also. I'm half deaf so I'm pretty sure my saws are usually all a little rich. LOL As far as an agenda, I fiqured something like this: show up, BS, cut, eat. Mix it up in any combo you would like. After showing up that is. :cheers:

Got you covered on the sharpening and I have a tach also. I'm half deaf so I'm pretty sure my saws are usually all a little rich. LOL As far as an agenda, I fiqured something like this: show up, BS, cut, eat. Mix it up in any combo you would like. After showing up that is. :cheers:

Sounds like fun ! I'll make sure my boss gives me the day off first. Pencil me in !

Perfect Itenerary! Go with the flow.

My hearing is going also, so I'll have the headphones with me too.
Serious ringing in my ears, or as I call it, the voices in my head!:)

Kevin

Being a PA GTG I will bring some moded saws done by a menber from PA. My 346XP and 372XPW both fast saws.Going to bring some other moded saws done by Jim from Nebraska. A Jonsered 2153CWH and if it arrives in time a new 2171C with the 75cc top end. Both these Jonsereds I bought from Spike in the last year or so.
I do have some top handle saws and race saws. If anyone has some interest speak-up.

i'll run against your 372 and 2171 with my 7900. :chainsaw: :)
for kicks i might even try your 2171 or 372 with my 038m.

i have no 'race saws' per say, but i have something very special in the 60cc saw range to unveil at the gtg (if the last 2 parts i need ever arrive). assuming i get it done in time, i'll run against your 2153 or 2171 with it. ;)

In the "What's new" category, I'll bring the 560XP and a 372XT. Other saws might depend on what has gas in it at the moment. Maybe a 2186, 288, 920Super, a 350/346 conversion. A couple of older saws to make a few different sounds. Jonny 801, 70E. A Homelite or Mac. Anybody else bringing some older stuff?

Anyone bringing anything to swap, or in need of something to complete a project, post it in the thread and maybe we can all help each other out.

I think good start time would be 8 o'clock. Feel free to come earlier but we'll shoot for 8. As far as food is concerned I will have burgers, dogs, etc. I will be contactly some of the members who offered to bring tasty treats via pm later tonight. I will have sodas also. Looks like we should have a good turn-out. Weather is looking pretty good. Trading would be great. I have a few complete saws, some runners, that I need to give away!

Latest posts

Back