Eastern PA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone want a pioneer p50?

Hey- I got a sweet deal on an old 028 yesterday, which I'll bring to the GTG, but the guy I bought it from has a decent, running Pioneer P50. I don't have much use for it at present, but if someone coming to the GTG is interested, PM me and I'll grab it and bring it along. Looking forward to Sunday.

I think good start time would be 8 o'clock. Feel free to come earlier but we'll shoot for 8. As far as food is concerned I will have burgers, dogs, etc. I will be contactly some of the members who offered to bring tasty treats via pm later tonight. I will have sodas also. Looks like we should have a good turn-out. Weather is looking pretty good. Trading would be great. I have a few complete saws, some runners, that I need to give away!

no you don't.
i claim them in the name of volks

everybody else....
hands off!

:)

hey john,

you are pretty handy with saw repair and have a workshop, no?

here's the deal. i want to bring my super secret, magical mystery saw to your place this weekend. though i have it running, it has had no air filter as of yet so i have not been able to get it in the wood. i am picking up a filter on my way through bucks county (yes, it is that hard to find one) so i can debut this monstrosity at your gtg.
what i want to know is if it would be alright if i could use your shop and tools to do the final tweaking after i get there?
and
if it blows apart while we flogg it....:chainsaw:
i will be parting it out 'swap meet' style before i leave. :)

No problem Volks. I'll post an armed guard for the final tweaking. :givebeer:

One problem. Kinda. I'm not much of a cookie cutter, so does any one have a sawbuck they could bring? LOL:givebeer: If not I can bang one together.

John( replying to PM )
Got a good idea where it is. I was in Effort last week. Boy did 209 N-S -commercial-regular-irregular ect throw me for a loop. I believe it all comes together in Sciota...let me know if you need us to bring anything , buns, ketchup, plates, bar oil, ect.

I have a 511a grinder I can un-mount and bring along for some chain sharpenings if we all need. If any sponsors are coming I could use a few wheels for it too ( some lessons would be appreciated as well- boy do I stink at sharpening, grinder or file)

if anybody wants to run anything special let me know. I got a 066,026,372,385,395,440,200t and a BB 6401. Mark will bring is 6401/7900 as well.

Hi John, Sunday is good for me. PM me if you need additional lumber, food, etc.

BTW, nice dog you have there. I have had a long standing interest in WWII aviation history and the "dackel" was the preferred mascot for many Luftwaffe squadrons. Small, but the potential is there for packing a mean punch.

Lookin fwd to the GTG and hope the weather cooperates.

Pete

Hope your going to make it Pete.
Could you bring that Jonsered with the HD air filter. I'd like to take it's picture.
Do you have any West Coast edition Jonsereds?
I'm packing the 2139T, 2153, 2171 and 2188

For the swapping I have some short lenghts of 1/2 tree rope, prestressed.:)

John( replying to PM )
Got a good idea where it is. I was in Effort last week. Boy did 209 N-S -commercial-regular-irregular ect throw me for a loop.

Don't feel bad. It confuses me too sometimes!

Hope your going to make it Pete.
Could you bring that Jonsered with the HD air filter. I'd like to take it's picture.
Do you have any West Coast edition Jonsereds?
I'm packing the 2139T, 2153, 2171 and 2188

For the swapping I have some short lenghts of 1/2 tree rope, prestressed.:)

Hey Jack, You betcha I'm gonna be there. Looking forward to seeing you and the guys. Yes, I will be bringing the West Coast 2175. I am actually in the planning stages of preparing a full blown review of the Cutters Edge filter system. I've been using the saw consistently for the past 11 months and have some pretty interesting observations. See you on Sun.

Pete

Can you get there from the 209 exit or do you need to take the Cherry Valley exit ? Looks like some "off roading" might be required to use the 209 exit.

Any distinguishing features to mark the property ? ( other then a bunch of trucks parked on the lawn on Sunday)

A

Coming North on 33 take the Snydersville exit. The one with the HD dealer/County Prison/ etc. At the top of the ramp turn right. Take your first right onto the un-named road with the signs for the church and quarry. At the stop sign turn right. Follow that past the quarry and through the next stop sign and its the second house on the left. Log home just after the corn field.

I have procured the Pioneer P50, and I am a little afraid of it. I will bring it along. Anyone wanna carpool from Honesdale/Hawley?

Coming North on 33 take the Snydersville exit. The one with the HD dealer/County Prison/ etc. At the top of the ramp turn right. Take your first right onto the un-named road with the signs for the church and quarry. At the stop sign turn right. Follow that past the quarry and through the next stop sign and its the second house on the left. Log home just after the corn field.

That's funny, I think it was the "un-named" road that got me first, then the... 209 N turns around into 209 S just after it meets up with 209 commercial and just plain old regular 209. Pretty much smooth sailing after that!!!!

Have ya got a head count yet ?

if anybody wants to run anything special let me know. I got a 066,026,372,385,395,440,200t and a BB 6401. Mark will bring is 6401/7900 as well.

i'd like to try out the legendary 200t. :chainsaw:

i am interested in a side by side running of 066 vs my 7900.
i sold my 660 a year ago because i thought they were too close. i'd like to find out if i was right.

Good luck with the Hybrid saw Volks! I'm eagerly awaiting the pics and vids, and the full report!

thanks parris!

i have been purposely waiting till the gtg for the hybrid to be unveiled. that darned new/old filter fiasco nearly derailed me though. :dizzy:
if it survives, expect videos along with the lengthy, detailed write-up.

to all others, i will have on hand:
dolbaby 7900
stihl 038m
stihl hybrid
stihl 028wb
stihl s10
homelite 54

everything is up for running by anyone who wishes to.
and everything is up for swapmeet trades except the 7900 and the 038m.
if anyone has interest in 038 or 020av parts for trading, you have till 5:00 pm eastern to let me know. after that, i'm on the road.:cheers:

i'd like to try out the legendary 200t. :chainsaw:

i am interested in a side by side running of 066 vs my 7900.
i sold my 660 a year ago because i thought they were too close. i'd like to find out if i was right.

200t and 066 comin up. warning, my 200t has a moody carb, runs ok on certain days and not on others. So if we got any carb guru's I would appreciate a look see.

A

200t and 066 comin up. warning, my 200t has a moody carb, runs ok on certain days and not on others.

$87 fixed mine right up! LOL I have a couple of bad ones I am going to try that epoxy fix on one of these days. Heres the fun stuff I have: 064, 064/066, 460BB, 660BB, 200T, ported 026 w/carb issue. What I have to trade/give away: complete 031 w/burnt piston(real clean saw), nice looking Homelite xl-12 w/burnt piston, running ms390(low comp. cylinder has score), small yellow sears saw, running Homelite Super E-Z.

Back