Eastern PA GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bout the weekend of Nov. 13/14? One day or the entire weekend? Camping would be in the front/back yard or there are several local campgrounds. I will add links tonight from some of them. Room for a few travel trailers as well. Contact me via pm and I will hand out my address and number to all interested.
Thanks
John

How bout the weekend of Nov. 13/14? One day or the entire weekend? Camping would be in the front/back yard or there are several local campgrounds. I will add links tonight from some of them. Room for a few travel trailers as well. Contact me via pm and I will hand out my address and number to all interested.
Thanks
John

are there gonna be any wives/women there?
if there will be, then my better half will probably come with me and i will stay nights out near hazleton.
if not then all i need is two trees 13-20 feet apart in your yard....
'cause my hammock fits on the bike. :)

Well my wife and daughter will be there, does that count? LOL Never thought about that Volks. Anyone is welcome. Would that hammock be a Lawson Hammock by any chance?

Looks to be shaping up pretty good. If it's a one day deal, Sunday is always better for me, but I'll go with the flow.

I'm relatively familiar with the area; real pretty country. :rockn:

Well my wife and daughter will be there, does that count? LOL Never thought about that Volks. Anyone is welcome. Would that hammock be a Lawson Hammock by any chance?

nope.
http://hennessyhammock.com/specs-ul-asym.html

it'd be neat if'n we could have the women-folk off to the other side of the yard knitting and prepping our vittles whilst we cut the firewood for them to cook on.;)

edit:
i looked it up and
the lawson looks like a nice hang but it is god awful heavy @ over 4lbs!!! :dizzy:

Last edited:
Just north of Scranton, Pa. here. My family actually has land in the Poconos on Monroe Lakes in Middle Smithfield township. We are talking about selling it and I wanted to get up there in the next few weeks to check it over.
Two birds with one stone.
I'm just a homeowner that firewoods with a 346XP and a 141. I'm sure it would be a good opportunity to learn a thing or two.
I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for organizing it.

Kevin

Hell, I'm in. I'm at the north end of Wallenpaupack, and could put up a guest overnight. Homeowner/Firewooder, but I likes me some saws. Got a neato log zipline yarding thingey I could demonstrate.

Last edited:
I did not realize there was so many people form NE Pa on here . I am from Tunkhannock . about an 1 1/2 from the track . I think it would cool to attend the GTG . let me know when and where and the particulars.

So it seems as if a one day GTG would work for most. If it can be agreed upon then Sunday the 14th of November should be good. Anyone needing/wanting to stay over can let me know via pm.

I don't drink anymore so it never even crossed my mind but it would probably be a good idea to leave the beers til after the saw work is done. If anyone is interested in doing a little climbing I can set something up as well.

I'm from just north of Honesdale, pa. and I'd like to be counted in. If some one has a spare 2pc coil for a 670 J-red please bring it and we'll talk! That photo of the Hawks nest is just across the river from me!

I don't drink anymore so it never even crossed my mind but it would probably be a good idea to leave the beers til after the saw work is done. If anyone is interested in doing a little climbing I can set something up as well.

Been 14 years for me. Bad case of the Irish flu.
I'm better now.:)

Kevin

I'm from just north of Honesdale, pa. and I'd like to be counted in. If some one has a spare 2pc coil for a 670 J-red please bring it and we'll talk! That photo of the Hawks nest is just across the river from me!

I might have one in an old 266; I'll let you know.

A GTG is a great place for a swap meet. :rockn:

I am not too far away, so I probably will go. Why not? I'll be one of the ones drinking beers though.:givebeer:

Sounds great! Oscar about what time will the festivities start. I can bring the Homelites, let me know if you would like to see a certain model, I have a bunch! Thanks again, Jonathan

Sounds great! Oscar about what time will the festivities start. I can bring the Homelites, let me know if you would like to see a certain model, I have a bunch! Thanks again, Jonathan

If everyone is in agreement I am thinking Sunday the 14th of November. Start up time can be early.
Thanks
John

Back